Reactions
Website
patreon.com
Twitter
everlasterVR
Patreon
everlaster
everlaster submitted a new resource:

FloatParamRandomizerEE - Extended and improved version of the original script that comes with VAM.

View attachment 138819

This is an improved version of the original FloatParamRandomizer that comes with VAM. It's a great way to add randomness to pretty much any adjustable value in the scene, cycle forces being a one common use case.

Features
  • The transition is smooth both in the beginning and the end - in the original, the transition starts off sharply
  • The amount of smoothness in the transition can be configured with the...

Read more about this resource...

Could you add different type of randomization? Set the target value in the plugin and possible range for randomization (probably percentage), ie. light intensity is set to 50 and can go from 45 to 55. This would allow to use slider to control sth and introduce randomized value that more or less sticks to desire value. It can be already done using VUML but it's much more complicated - read slider value, calculate up and down range using some formulas, sent values to plugin...

Could you add different type of randomization? Set the target value in the plugin and possible range for randomization (probably percentage), ie. light intensity is set to 50 and can go from 45 to 55. This would allow to use slider to control sth and introduce randomized value that more or less sticks to desire value. It can be already done using VUML but it's much more complicated - read slider value, calculate up and down range using some formulas, sent values to plugin...
I'm not sure I follow. How is this different from just setting min value to 45 and max to 55? The value will then be 50 on average but random within that range

Exactly but you have to calculate those 45 and 55. So the easiest way I can think of is to add your plugin, add two instances of VUML, on slider change read slider value (not sure if I can), calculate some percentage and substract and set min value. In another instance of VUML set max value. Quite complicated solution. Easier would be - on slider trigger set target value from slider, in randomize plugin set percentage. That's it.
Usually scenes use slider to control animation speed or randomize checkbox which goes for whole slider range. I would like to join those two things and have randomized speed but with average on slider value and small variation.

Exactly but you have to calculate those 45 and 55. So the easiest way I can think of is to add your plugin, add two instances of VUML, on slider change read slider value (not sure if I can), calculate some percentage and substract and set min value. In another instance of VUML set max value. Quite complicated solution. Easier would be - on slider trigger set target value from slider, in randomize plugin set percentage. That's it.
Usually scenes use slider to control animation speed or randomize checkbox which goes for whole slider range. I would like to join those two things and have randomized speed but with average on slider value and small variation.
Can you just add another instance of FloatParamRandomizerEE to randomize the speed, limits etc. of the first instance of FloatParamRandomizerEE?

@everlaster
I noticed the Plugin does not remember the state of the Enable Randomness -checkbox after reloading a scene where it was supposed to stay disabled.

Can you add:
Code:
RegisterBool(_enableRandomness);
... to FloatParamRanomizerEE.cs @ line 100? That should fix it.

Unfortunately, the settings are lost when used in the subscene (atom name).
Is it possible to fix this?

Hi, are the receiver atom and the target both saved with the subscene as well?
Yes, a small scene with animation in which FloatParamRandomizerEE participates.
The MeshedVR.FloatParamRandomizer plugin had the same problem, so I used it very limitedly. I hoped that your version of the plugin would not have this drawback.
At the moment, I'm using MacGruber.LogicBricks for randomization, but FloatParamRandomizer is certainly easier to set up.

The MeshedVR.FloatParamRandomizer plugin had the same problem, so I used it very limitedly. I hoped that your version of the plugin would not have this drawback.
Ah, good to know. I'll put that on the to-do list, maybe there's a way to make it work.

Is there any update to storing this within a subscene where it points to an atom within the subscene? It's still broken.

Use case: Toggle button with this plugin added. The atom target is a subscene atom slider switch (e.g. "subscene/Slider"). The atom parameter doesn't remember the "subscene/" part, only "Slider".

I'm guessing it has to do with having to deal with the "/" part.

In any case, this is unusable for creating subscenes that bolt into existing scenes.

At the moment, I'm using MacGruber.LogicBricks for randomization, but FloatParamRandomizer is certainly easier to set up.
How are you using logic Bricks? Seems complicated so far.

Is there any update to storing this within a subscene where it points to an atom within the subscene? It's still broken.

Use case: Toggle button with this plugin added. The atom target is a subscene atom slider switch (e.g. "subscene/Slider"). The atom parameter doesn't remember the "subscene/" part, only "Slider".

I'm guessing it has to do with having to deal with the "/" part.

In any case, this is unusable for creating subscenes that bolt into existing scenes.
Sorry, not yet... I'll get to it eventually!

Hi,

A detail in the UI, the "Lower value" should not be allowed to go higher than the "Higher value".

Thanks

everlaster updated FloatParamRandomizerEE with a new update entry:

v1.0.2: Fixes

• Subscene fix: the plugin now works correctly when saved to a Subscene and loading the Subscene file
  • Atom popup options are immediately updated when an atom is renamed
  • Lower value must be lower than upper value, upper value must be higher than lower value
  • The plugin is paused when the Atom or Receiver is changed and a new target float parameter is not yet selected

Read the rest of this update entry...

This last update makes this plugin not work in previously built scenes...
Example:
I use this plugin to controll variable trigers in my scenes.
the plugin is seemingly working but the target value is not moving and therefore the trigger is not moving either.

maybe useful info: There are 2 sets of variable triggers each part of a separate subscene

everlaster updated FloatParamRandomizerEE with a new update entry:

v1.0.4: One more SubScene fix

Fixed issue where the previous subscene compatibility fixes didn't work correctly with multiple subscenes having the same atom names, e.g. SubScene/InvisibleLight and SubScene#2/InvisibleLight. When in a SubScene, the plugin now correctly identifies the target atom that belongs to the same SubScene.

It might work incorrectly if the plugin targets an atom that is in a different SubScene than the plugin itself (or not part of a SubScene), but that's bad practice anyway - SubScenes are meant...

Read the rest of this update entry...

it would be the best but...same problem as the other users here
my problem is when i change the look, or reload the scene i've got to put all the parameters again...i try to save it as sub scene but he don't keep the configuration, i 've got to do something wrong, any tuto?

Back
Top Bottom