Answered First Animation – How do you move fingers?

g1000

Reactions
This is my first time using VAM, so it could be something obvious that I’m missing. I opened a preexisting scene "BJ you control" and started to animate the models using Timeline.
I was able to get some controller animations working (lhand, rhand and head) and I was able to add a storable animation from a plugin for erection state – However I can’t figure out how to close the grip.

I don’t see any controllers to move fingers and I’ve tried to add two different storable plugins for finger movement/grip but neither one worked. What I mean by that is I could add them via Timeline, (like I did for the erection state plugin) and I can see the sliders for the parameters that should close fingers, and I can move the sliders – but they don’t affect the model at all. Since I got the first storable/plugin animation working with little effort, I assumed that others would work the same way, but I must have missed something obvious.

Maybe something locking the hand open? Or am I using the plugins incorrectly?
Thanks much for any help

Hi, you should look for some morphs, like THIS for example.
EDIT: Actually, it seems VAM has finger bending morphs built in:

FingersMorphs.gif

Good luck!

KG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you -
Thats exactly what I was looking for - I had not used the "morph" button yet. This has great options, but this seems to be for "poses". Can you integrate the finger close morph with an animation? For example I don't want the scene to start with her fingers closed, rather I want them to close at a particular key frame.

Upvote 0
I am sure you can, at least if you use the awesome Timeline plugin. But as a new VAM user, I still don't know how to do it exactly.

KG

Upvote 0
I found it - there is a box on the morph called "fav" - I selected that, and then I was able to add it to Timeline and animate it

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom