• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
[Experimental] Hair Grab Sphere

Plugins [Experimental] Hair Grab Sphere

Stopper

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Stopper submitted a new resource:

[Experimental] Hair Grab Sphere - Adds widget to move and pull hair

This is an early beta and there's a lot of tinkering still left to do, but I figured I might as well release what I have for people to play with.

Usage
  1. Add to a Person atom.
  2. A sphere should spawn behind the head. Position it as needed.
    1. It is invisible by default.
  3. Press Grab
  4. Move the sphere around

Notes
  • For reasons I can't recall anymore, I decided to calculate the physics per-hair rather than just add...

Read more about this resource...

Here's how to set up this low-tied hairstyle:
1. Load the main hairstyle (e.g., Aqua's hair above) and add the HairGrab plugin to the Person.
2. Load a second hairstyle and make it invisible by reducing the hair width to 0. Lower the rigidity - I set the main and tip rigidities to 0.
3. Load Attach2Vertex (https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/attach-to-vertex.45482/) on the HairGrabSphere atom and attach it to the invisible hairstyle where it overlaps with the main hair that you want to tie.
4. In the HairGrab UI, increase the grab radius to include all the hair to be tied, then click "Grab". Rotate the HairGrabSphere so the tied hair points in a natural direction.
5. Add a hair tie CUA and parent it to the HairGrabSphere.
6. Thank Stopper for the amazing plugins.

Here's how to set up this low-tied hairstyle:
1. Load the main hairstyle (e.g., Aqua's hair above) and add the HairGrab plugin to the Person.
2. Load a second hairstyle and make it invisible by reducing the hair width to 0. Lower the rigidity - I set the main and tip rigidities to 0.
3. Load Attach2Vertex (https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/attach-to-vertex.45482/) on the HairGrabSphere atom and attach it to the invisible hairstyle where it overlaps with the main hair that you want to tie.
4. In the HairGrab UI, increase the grab radius to include all the hair to be tied, then click "Grab". Rotate the HairGrabSphere so the tied hair points in a natural direction.
5. Add a hair tie CUA and parent it to the HairGrabSphere.
6. Thank Stopper for the amazing plugins.
That looks amazing. I'll try to make doing something like this easier in one of the next few versions.

For some reason I get the following error when I try to add the plugin to a person atom and the plugin UI doesn't load when I try to go into the settings:
!> Exception during plugin script Init: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Stopper.HairGrab.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MVRPluginManager.CreateScriptController (.MVRPlugin mvrp, DynamicCSharp.ScriptType type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

For some reason I get the following error when I try to add the plugin to a person atom and the plugin UI doesn't load when I try to go into the settings:
Hmm.. Init doesn't really do much apart from setting up the UI and finding the character's head and geometry. Do you have the latest version of VAM?

In the Trigger settings there is no release trigger for the plugin if you can updated and fix this issue would be amazing or is there a way that I can fix it on my end?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 0
I had encountered this issue too. To fix it, I removed whatever the "parent" was set to and made it none for the person atom and re-added the plugin again and it worked.

I had encountered this issue too. To fix it, I removed whatever the "parent" was set to and made it none for the person atom and re-added the plugin again and it worked.
I don't understand what you mean, my HairGrabSphere that spawns when I initially attempt to load the plugin is already set to have no parent atom if I go into the Control tab in its UI, I don't have any UI loaded if I go into the plugin itself that's loaded on my person atom either to change any settings there.

I don't understand what you mean, my HairGrabSphere that spawns when I initially attempt to load the plugin is already set to have no parent atom if I go into the Control tab in its UI, I don't have any UI loaded if I go into the plugin itself that's loaded on my person atom either to change any settings there.
Sorry If I wasn't clear. Check your "Parent" in the Person Tab. The setting for Parent is located under "Control & Physics 1" of person atom, check if there is any Parent assigned to the person specifically, if there is, just set it to none and add try to add the plugin again.

Sorry If I wasn't clear. Check your "Parent" in the Person Tab. The setting for Parent is located under "Control & Physics 1" of person atom, check if there is any Parent assigned to the person specifically, if there is, just set it to none and add try to add the plugin again.
OH THE PARENT OF THE PERSON ATOM! Ah that makes sense cause the scene I use to create characters I have my person parented to a platform I can rotate and that was the conflict all along! Got it working now thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom