Question Enable all ”Allow Possess/Grab” controls of an atom at once

Arangoney

Reactions
Hi all is there a way to rapidly enable the possess/grab option on all joints of a person ?
Thx

Hi all is there a way to rapidly enable the possess/grab option on all joints of a person ?
Thx
Are you asking if you can enable being able to grab points (like hands or feet) if they are all disabled? I know in some of my earlier mocap work these points are disabled because I didn’t want to accidentally grab a knee or an elbow during mocap - the answer is yes you can by loading a specially coded pose preset. I posted this preset on discord for all to use. If this is what you’re referring to let me know and next time I’m at my PC I can add that preset here as an attachment.

Upvote 0
Are you asking if you can enable being able to grab points (like hands or feet) if they are all disabled? I know in some of my earlier mocap work these points are disabled because I didn’t want to accidentally grab a knee or an elbow during mocap - the answer is yes you can by loading a specially coded pose preset. I posted this preset on discord for all to use. If this is what you’re referring to let me know and next time I’m at my PC I can add that preset here as an attachment.
Hi @VamTimbo, thanks that would be great ! ;)
And yes, for some reason, maybe because I use multiple timeline plugins at once in the same scene, or because some timelines in my scene are not the same version number, I keep having those grab points disabled, even when I check the 'allow grab' in the body parts controls again, and save. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Not sure If I'm explaining this well... I keep having this boxes unchecked all the time, even after rechecking them for all joints they return to null state.
Can anyone help on this?

Attachments

• issue.JPG
    issue.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
@VamTimbo I'm really desperate with this issue 😞

Upvote 0
Not sure If I'm explaining this well... I keep having this boxes unchecked all the time, even after rechecking them for all joints they return to null state.
Can anyone help on this?
Most likely you are using "pose" feature of timeline, and when you start/change timeline's animation saved pose gets applied.
Stop all timeline animations, enable all boxes you want and save/update pose in timeline :unsure:

Upvote 0
Most likely you are using "pose" feature of timeline, and when you start/change timeline's animation saved pose gets applied.
Stop all timeline animations, enable all boxes you want and save/update pose in timeline :unsure:
OMG that seems like it. Need to test ! Thanks (y)

Upvote 0
@VamTimbo I went through 98 pages of your attached files on VAM Discord and didn't find a pose preset that disables grab.
I did find a pose preset that resets fingers.
Can you attach the file here please?

EDIT: Nevermind! It was pretty easy to just make this file myself. See attached. In case anyone is wondering how I did it, I saved a default pose preset, manually disabled grab & interaction, saved a new preset, and then manually made a new file that just had the differences using a text editor.

Attachments

• Preset_DisableGrabAllControls.vap
    4.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom