Duplicate files in Add on Packages folder

jsin44

Reactions
Hello. I recently reinstalled VAM and I am trying to be very organized in my add-on packages folder by separating things into subfolders. By doing this though I run the risk of having duplicate files in separate folders as I add new packages. Do I need to be checking to make sure this doesn't happen or will the VAM program deal with this without issues? Thanks.

If you download content from the Hub using the Hub Browser, then you won't have duplicates as VaM knows what it has. If you download outside VaM, then you may end up getting duplicates if you're not careful.
Even so, duplicates will show up on the error log, but they don't impact VaM beyond that. It's low impact and easy to remove.

If you download content from the Hub using the Hub Browser, then you won't have duplicates as VaM knows what it has. If you download outside VaM, then you may end up getting duplicates if you're not careful.
Even so, duplicates will show up on the error log, but they don't impact VaM beyond that. It's low impact and easy to remove.
Awesome. You always seem to be the one with good information for me. Much appreciated.

I use folders for some years now, so I'm quite experienced with potential issues in those.
Cool. Right now I have individual folders for looks, scenes, clothing and hair and I periodically group my other .var in folders as well. Under the looks and other individual folders I might have maybe two layers of subfolders just to help me organize. Does that sound like a decent system to you? any suggestions on things I'm might have to pay attention to in order to avoid slowdowns?

Attachments

• VAM Folders.jpg
    VAM Folders.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 0
This is completely dependent on your needs and quantity of assets. If it makes sense to you then it's good.

Back
Top Bottom