Question Deleting stuff downloaded from the in-VAM Hub

Smoothness

Reactions
I just downloaded a bunch of looks using the in-game hub and cannot figure out how to delete them in-game. For example, I have the option in-game to delete many looks that I manually imported into the var folder on my desktop, but that option is not available for the looks that I downloaded in-game. Otherwise, when I leave the game, I have to both memorize the ones I want to delete and also try to figure out what the filenames are. Is there a way to delete looks and scenes while in-game that were downloaded while in-game?

Especially because one of the looks was beyond questionable with respect to age in my opinion and I wanted to get rid of it immediately. I even like petite women, but this one went too far.

Oh, and one other question: Is there a way to quickly adjust the overall volume? Sometimes my ears get blasted out by the audio files. I know I can disable certain things, but I do want to hear them, just not at ear-piercing volume compared to other scenes.

You can managed installed VARs from the PackageManager window? Doesn't matter how you installed them. It's the cube icon in the main toolbar.

Screenshot was made for another purpuse so ignore the painted red circles. But note the red delete button in the upper right.
1615200963446.png

Upvote 0
Thanks MacGruber. I'll try that out, as I was trying to delete it from the Scene Browser, which only allows deleting certain scenes and not others apparently downloaded directly from the Hub while in-game.

Oh cool... At first I went to the Scene Browser to see all the scenes to delete and then went to the Package Manager, but couldn't easily correlate the scene name in the Scene Browser with the Installed Package. I then noticed, you can "Select the Current Scene Package," which allows you to immediately delete the current scene you have loaded. This is going to be very helpful, not only for auditioning scenes and quickly deleting ones that aren't desirable (to me), but also for cleaning up unused scenes from the Scene Browser.

Thanks again, not only for your help here, but also for all your great plugins.

Oh, aside from the fact that I gave you a like for the help, the like also happened to push you past the number of the beast to now have 667 reactions. That's the second time I've done that within 24 hours on two different forums. Excuse me while I go listen to some Iron Maiden.

Upvote 0
Thanks MacGruber. I'll try that out, as I was trying to delete it from the Scene Browser, which only allows deleting certain scenes and not others apparently downloaded directly from the Hub while in-game.

Oh cool... At first I went to the Scene Browser to see all the scenes to delete and then went to the Package Manager, but couldn't easily correlate the scene name in the Scene Browser with the Installed Package. I then noticed, you can "Select the Current Scene Package," which allows you to immediately delete the current scene you have loaded. This is going to be very helpful, not only for auditioning scenes and quickly deleting ones that aren't desirable (to me), but also for cleaning up unused scenes from the Scene Browser.

Thanks again, not only for your help here, but also for all your great plugins.

Oh, aside from the fact that I gave you a like for the help, the like also happened to push you past the number of the beast to now have 667 reactions. That's the second time I've done that within 24 hours on two different forums. Excuse me while I go listen to some Iron Maiden.

I was also trying to figure the best way to do some house cleaning with the program. You do build up quite a large collection of "test out" packages and end up with a ton of scenes you don't like. The down side of using the select current scene button and deleting is when you scan for missing or updated addons it will show that you are missing the files from the package you deleted and add back in once downloaded. Something is left behind when you delete the package from the select current scene package causing it to check for missing files during update scan.

Upvote 0
Get Browser assist by JayJayWon, you can easily see what you are deleting and you can delete many at once without having to load every scene and load package manager every time you want to delete something.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom