Delete Scenes & Appearances

Paid Plugins Delete Scenes & Appearances

vamplugins

Reactions
can you make it so that the files are not deleted but end up in a vam recycle bin?
If I regret what I have done I can still search in the vam recycle bin.
if and when I delete the files permanently would then be my choice and with empty trash very simple.

can you make it so that the files are not deleted but end up in a vam recycle bin?
If I regret what I have done I can still search in the vam recycle bin.
if and when I delete the files permanently would then be my choice and with empty trash very simple.

There is already a backup button included, which will move the packages to the "AddonPackagesObsolete" subdirectory. The packages in the backup directory will not be loaded and therefore you can safely check, whether you want to remove the package from disk or whether you want to restore the package and keep using it.

There is already a backup button included, which will move the packages to the "AddonPackagesObsolete" subdirectory. The packages in the backup directory will not be loaded and therefore you can safely check, whether you want to remove the package from disk or whether you want to restore the package and keep using it.
great. I am now patreon and have downloaded and installed the plugin 1.1. I have deleted a few packages with the new function, great. I can not find the backup button and the directory "AddonPackagesObsolete". can you help me there?

great. I am now patreon and have downloaded and installed the plugin 1.1. I have deleted a few packages with the new function, great. I can not find the backup button and the directory "AddonPackagesObsolete". can you help me there?

It's these two buttons as seen below. The "AddonPackagesObsolete" directory will be automatically created by the plugin when you backup a Package.

Backup Buttons.png

thank you, i was looking in the wrong place

Sorry, I just realized that this is the comment page for the "Delete Scenes" plugin, not the "Delete Obsolete Packages" plugin.

For the "Delete Scenes" plugin, there is no backup function, sorry that was wrong.

The backup function is only in the "Delete Obsolete Packages" plugin, from which I took the screenshot above.

What do you mean by "vam recycle bin"? Is there a recycle bin in VaM? At least I haven't seen it so far.

Or do you mean that the deleted files will be shown in the Windows recycle bin, listed under the VaM directory?

ah, great
I was already desperately looking for the window you have pictured.
I thought I was too stupid for this world :)
What I mean by vam trash is a directory like the obsoletPackages directory you have.
So a directory that your plugin creates and where it moves the deleted stuff into.
not in the windows recycle bin.
This ObsoletScene_Package directory would be a place where I can easily find deleted stuff again.
a safe place.
If I delete something finally from the harddisk or not I can decide with the windows file manager at any time.
Important is the package is taken out of the search path of vam and vam starts faster.

Translated with DeepL

ah, great
I was already desperately looking for the window you have pictured.
I thought I was too stupid for this world :)
What I mean by vam trash is a directory like the obsoletPackages directory you have.
So a directory that your plugin creates and where it moves the deleted stuff into.
not in the windows recycle bin.
This ObsoletScene_Package directory would be a place where I can easily find deleted stuff again.
a safe place.
If I delete something finally from the harddisk or not I can decide with the windows file manager at any time.
Important is the package is taken out of the search path of vam and vam starts faster.

Translated with DeepL

That should be possible. I'll put it on the todo list.

Hi I can see the cog wheel and the option to delete scenes, however on the load up of VAM I get this error message

!> Exception during compile of BepInEx/plugins/DeleteScenes.dll: System.Security.SecurityException: Security Check Failed (NamespaceRestriction) : [DeleteScenes, DeleteScenes.dll] : The namespace 'System.IO' is prohibited and cannot be referenced
at DynamicCSharp.ScriptDomain.SecurityCheckAssembly (System.Byte[] assemblyData, Boolean throwOnError) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
!> Exception during compile of BepInEx/plugins/DeleteObsoletePackages.dll: System.Security.SecurityException: Security Check Failed (NamespaceRestriction) : [DeleteObsoletePackages, DeleteObsoletePackages.dll] : The namespace 'System.IO' is prohibited and cannot be referenced
at DynamicCSharp.ScriptDomain.SecurityCheckAssembly (System.Byte[] assemblyData, Boolean throwOnError) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Can also take a look in the 'Package Manager' .. I just removed a bunch as well. (Can delete directly in-game)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom