• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Customizing SteamVR Controller Bindings

Guides Customizing SteamVR Controller Bindings

WrongTamago

Featured Contributor
Reactions
WrongTamago submitted a new resource:

Customizing SteamVR Controller Bindings - Setting up the buttons to do what you want them to do

What is this?

This is a guide on setting SteamVR controller bindings. VaM uses the newer SteamVR controller binding style, which means that buttons are mapped to actions. More than one action can be mapped to the same button or control, and multiple controls can be mapped to the same action.

Since I have a Valve Index, that's what I'll be using as an example. However, this can be applied to any type of VR controller. I used to have a Samsung...

Read more about this resource...

This is great, but what's missing is a comprehensive list and definition of what the function of all the different VAM actions There are so many and its not always clear what their purpose is and how best to bind them to the VR controllers. For example, what's the difference between "Free Move" and "Free Move Mode", "Grab" and "Grab Value" etc.

Last edited:
Thank, you! this guide was super helpful, specially since there seem to have no Reverb G2 profil included in the base game.

I have a question, in the "boolean actions" description i see nothing about this function :

HOH.jpg

Not sure I understand very well what it does, but if I bind it to the stick "click" there no action, or at least nothing I'm expecting it to do.

It's supposed to teleport the camera to the next atom in POV or at least close to it, right?

Back
Top Bottom