Reactions
Website
github.com
Twitter
acidbubblesanon
Patreon
acidbubbles
Acid Bubbles submitted a new resource:

CustomUnityAsset BlendShapes Controller - Animate or configure Unity's blend shapes on objects with SkinnedMeshRenderer

BlendShapes

🎉 Do you like BlendShapes? Support me on Patreon, if you feel like it: https://www.patreon.com/posts/39197180

💬 Need help using this plugin or want to share ideas? Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VtUpPkb

Screenshot using an amazing asset by @Orange*Gumi - thanks for letting me show it!

Animate or configure Unity's blend shapes on objects with SkinnedMeshRenderer. Useful...

Read more about this resource...

Wow, when can we get that asset, I'm assuming the womb asset isn't included with this, and would there be an oral one too 0_0?

anyone have a good workflow to make blend shapes from Blender, to Unity to Vam?

I get an issue making a shape in Blender with a key that modifies it, but then I import it to Unity and dont see the key...I must be missing a step

Thanks, got to where I can modify an object with a Key slider in Unity. I cant seem to get it into VAM however. It doesnt appear in my assetbundle.

nevermind, fixed it! I was putting the FBX in the assetbundle, which didnt work. Once I made it a prefab, it worked great, and could use your plugin to access the modifying key. Works like a charm! Now off to do some changeble shapes...

Suggestion to try for anyone who does scenes.

Im wondering if (in vam) one could attach some collision spheres to the object ( this uterus, a fleshlight, ect) bones so that the blendshapes will move according to collision?

Thanks a lot for this, Acid, and for everything else you've developed for vam 1. I think with some clever rigging, and sequencing in / out of multiple assets with triggers in timeline, I can make some pretty convincing body fluid "animations".

It's going to take a few passes to figure out the best way to do it, and they will all end up being rather bespoke, only good for a certain distance onto a specifically rigged plane, etc. But with no fluid sim in the current build, honestly I think this will end up being the best pipeline.

If I get something built into a scene that looks realistic enough, I'll be sure to share and ping you.

Thanks a lot for this, Acid, and for everything else you've developed for vam 1. I think with some clever rigging, and sequencing in / out of multiple assets with triggers in timeline, I can make some pretty convincing body fluid "animations".

It's going to take a few passes to figure out the best way to do it, and they will all end up being rather bespoke, only good for a certain distance onto a specifically rigged plane, etc. But with no fluid sim in the current build, honestly I think this will end up being the best pipeline.

If I get something built into a scene that looks realistic enough, I'll be sure to share and ping you.
After going down the rabbit hole with this, it opened my eyes to a lot of other possibilities out there, and I've been trying out a few different approaches. There are definitely ways of getting believable results. For some scenes, using custom sculpted meshes and triggering successive blendshape modifiers I think is the way to go.

But in wrapping my head around that workflow, I ended up coincidentally discovering that you can also get amazing results from using the fluid simulator built into blender and baking each frame of the sim into its own mesh, throwing all the frames (meshes) into a single assetbundle, and then using timeline to trigger a new assetname within the bundle every "frame" (e.g. build the fluid sim at 25fps and put a trigger to change the assetame within the bundle every 0.04s in timeline). So in this way it's more or less stop frame animation, which sounds derpy, but actually looks incredible. Bringing in character meshes from your vam scene and using them as the effectors (colliders) inside the fluid domain really ramps up the possibilities. You can get an entire alembic animation into Unity 2018 and play it, but I think there are too many roadblocks to ever accessing it in vam through a CUA animation because unity is just streaming out of the abc format, so I can't see how to get anything real into an assetbundle that vam can actually work from. Anyway that's all thread-jacking a bit because it's nothing to do with blendshapes.

And the blendshapes approach is superior in some cases anyway, because the fluid sim isn't capable of handling all the stuff you'd like to see in a vam scene. Also the two techniques can be combined for situations other than the... obvious ones. This includes splashing, drinking, throwing a water balloon, dripping candle wax, whatever.

I'll upload a couple example gifs when I can get them ready, bit busy with work this week.

Back
Top Bottom