CUA Thumbnail Helper

Plugins CUA Thumbnail Helper

ky1001

Featured Contributor
Reactions
ky1001 submitted a new resource:

CUA Thumbnail Helper - Assists image creation for Assetbundles without images.

There were many Assetbundles without images, and I was in trouble finding the necessary Assets, so I created a plugin that assists the work of adding images to Assetbundles without images. Unfortunately it's not fully automatic.

How to use:
1) Load the plugin in CUA.
2) Specify the directory with Assetbundle with the "Select Assetbundle Directory" button. A list of Assetbundles without images is displayed in the Assetbundle List area. By checking "Enable VAR", VAR can also be specified.
3)...

Read more about this resource...

hello i have been having an error with my scene thumbnails not showing up,is there a way you could make this plugin work for that?

hello i have been having an error with my scene thumbnails not showing up,is there a way you could make this plugin work for that?
I'm sorry, I don't understand the situation.
Does it mean that scene thumbnails disappear when you use CUAThumbnailHelper?

I'm sorry, I don't understand the situation.
Does it mean that scene thumbnails disappear when you use CUAThumbnailHelper?
it isnt while im using it at all, i just found this and maybe tried to solve my problem with it but this is made for assets so wont work in fixing my scenes, my scenes when i save them show up all white , scenes from vars are noraml, only when i try to save my own i cant see it, everything loads in but it defeats the purpose,
wont be able to remember the scene
saves.JPG

it isnt while im using it at all, i just found this and maybe tried to solve my problem with it but this is made for assets so wont work in fixing my scenes, my scenes when i save them show up all white , scenes from vars are noraml, only when i try to save my own i cant see it, everything loads in but it defeats the purpose,
wont be able to remember the sceneView attachment 211887
I read the description and understood the situation. But I don't think myself and my plugins can help you. sorry.

Hi, is there some kind of a threshold for how many CUAs can be loaded in the assetbundle list?
Hello.
There is no limit to the number of Assetbundles that can be processed by the plugin, but there may be a system limit.
I wrote that there is no limit to the number of Assetbundles that can be processed, but there is a system issue in which if the string in Assetbundle list becomes too long, the text box that displays the Assetbundle list will not be displayed correctly. Therefore, the characters displayed in the text box are limited to 15,000 characters.
I think you can select and load Assetbundles regardless of the text box display.
I'm sorry if my explanation was poor and difficult to understand.

Hello.
There is no limit to the number of Assetbundles that can be processed by the plugin, but there may be a system limit.
I wrote that there is no limit to the number of Assetbundles that can be processed, but there is a system issue in which if the string in Assetbundle list becomes too long, the text box that displays the Assetbundle list will not be displayed correctly. Therefore, the characters displayed in the text box are limited to 15,000 characters.
I think you can select and load Assetbundles regardless of the text box display.
I'm sorry if my explanation was poor and difficult to understand.

It was understandable, thanks for the reply.

Would it be possible to add that the plugin is able to assets with extension .prefab? I've got many of those and they're probably not showing because of that.

If not, no worries.

It was understandable, thanks for the reply.

Would it be possible to add that the plugin is able to assets with extension .prefab? I've got many of those and they're probably not showing because of that.

If not, no worries.
The current plug-in is written with the extension set to "assetbundle".
I am not aware of the existence of a file with the extension "prefab" that can be read into VAM like assetbundle, but if you can provide a sample, I will consider it.

The current plug-in is written with the extension set to "assetbundle".
I am not aware of the existence of a file with the extension "prefab" that can be read into VAM like assetbundle, but if you can provide a sample, I will consider it.
I can't really give you a proper answer to that as I just recently started myself to port assets to VAM and some of the assets that I open in VAM show up with the extension .prefab... they work just as expected, but I think it's the reason why they're not showing up in the plugin's asset list.

The thing is I export the asset from unity add the .assetbundle extension but it still shows up in VAM with .prefab when it's loaded, so yeah... can't really tell what's going on:D

I can't really give you a proper answer to that as I just recently started myself to port assets to VAM and some of the assets that I open in VAM show up with the extension .prefab... they work just as expected, but I think it's the reason why they're not showing up in the plugin's asset list.

The thing is I export the asset from unity add the .assetbundle extension but it still shows up in VAM with .prefab when it's loaded, so yeah... can't really tell what's going on:D
I may be wrong because I'm not familiar with the assetbundle system, but my understanding is that Assets created in Unity with the extension "prefab" or "unity" need to be converted to "assetbundle" files in Unity. I think VAM can only load "assetbundle". I'm sorry if I'm wrong.
This plugin should be able to process both "prefab" and "unity" if they are converted to "assetbundle".

Attachments

• prefab.png
    prefab.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 0
  • unity.png
    unity.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 0
  • UI prefab.png
    UI prefab.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I may be wrong because I'm not familiar with the assetbundle system, but my understanding is that Assets created in Unity with the extension "prefab" or "unity" need to be converted to "assetbundle" files in Unity. I think VAM can only load "assetbundle". I'm sorry if I'm wrong.
This plugin should be able to process both "prefab" and "unity" if they are converted to "assetbundle".
Yeah, idk either as I am new to porting 3D models, but I do have an asset builder plugin in unity that converts and packs it for VAM, the only thing I do once exported from unity is add an extension to the newly created file - .assetbundle

Everything exported and renamed like this works then in VAM, however some of those show up with the .prefab extension even though their name is different...

Doesn't really matter for me anymore as I figured that I can just take a screenshot and name it exactly like the asset that I will be using in VAM and if the screenshot is placed to the folder with the asset, VAM then automatically assigns the thumbnail to it. So all good:D

Tthank you!

Back
Top Bottom