Question crashes after uploading movements to the timeline

nikilog

Reactions
Yesterday I made a scene, uploaded the movements to the timeline. saved the scene the next day, the scene stopped loading. I found that when uploading movements to the timeline and saving the scene, it stops working, I always get thrown into the main menu, does anyone know how to solve this? I've tried different versions of the timeline

I'm going to throw this one and predict you imported several mocap animations, saved the scene and it was over 500 MB in size.
Loading such large scenes will not work, it's just too much data for VaM to process in a JSON.

Upvote 0
Bumping on atani's answer, for anyone doing mocap (thinking it's easy): mocap needs cleaning and reducing. You cannot expect to capture raw mocap data and keep the data "as is" and VAM to not die on you if your mocap is very long ( most video game studios spend more time cleaning up and smoothing out mocap data than capturing the mocap itself ).

Timeline has a reduce feature, you should use it and tweak the overall mocap where it could glitch after reducing.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom