CPU Performance Patch (Up to 30% faster physics, up to 60% more FPS)

Other CPU Performance Patch (Up to 30% faster physics, up to 60% more FPS)

I had some success with this on my i9 10900K @3.7 GHz with an Nvidia 3080. The breakthrough was in VR where I had some scenes that just killed frame rate. My cowgirl scene with Naturalis v87 (paid version) looks amazing in desktop with jigglng ass cheeks and bouncy titties. I don't know the exact frame rates but they were something like 40fps. In VR, it was a dud because the frame rate dropped to 6-8 fps and was unplayable. If I turned the mirror off, the frame rate would go up to something like 20fps, but then the right eye view would glitch after a short time and become unplayable. Another BJ scene I have would just run at 14-18fps in VR with some models l like, so it was only sort of playable. The frame rate determines the refresh rate for an SR6 sycned with ToySerialController, so low frame rates make the motion less smooth.

What I figured out was if I used Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and just turned on the Speed Optimizer, which automatically overclocks the computer, the frame rate went way up.

I also have hyper threading disabled, so that is key as well.

All of a sudden, the mirror on or off makes no difference in the cowgirl scene, and the frame rate about 35fps. In desktop the it was over 100! The BJ scene was playing at about 35fps in VR, too. By removing the model's hair, I could get 72fps in VR. The motion of the SR6 in the BJ scene is really good now. Here are the settings I used.

[threads]
computeColliders=6
skinmeshPart=6
skinmeshPartMaxPerChar=6
applyMorphs=6
applyMorphMaxPerChar=6
#affinity=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15
affinity=1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17
engineAffinity=1,2

[threadsVR]
computeColliders=8
skinmeshPart=8
skinmeshPartMaxPerChar=8
applyMorphs=8
applyMorphMaxPerChar=8
affinity=1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15
engineAffinity=1,2
[profiler]
enabled=0

boot config:

gfx-enable-gfx-jobs=1
gfx-enable-native-gfx-jobs=1
gfx-disable-mt-rendering=0
wait-for-native-debugger=0
gc-max-time-slice=3
job-worker-count=12
single-instance=1
If I understood correctly, shouldn't you rather have 1,2,3,4,... and not 1,3,5,7... when hyper threading is disabled?
Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, not compatible with my 12700H, and in any case given the temperature it would be better to avoid

If I understood correctly, shouldn't you rather have 1,2,3,4,... and not 1,3,5,7... when hyper threading is disabled?
Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, not compatible with my 12700H, and in any case given the temperature it would be better to avoid
i was thinking the same, after disabling hyper threading the affinity should be in 1,2,3,4,5 order instead of 1,3,5,7. At least thats what the instructions says.

Good question. I’m just a simple cave man.

More testing has yielded confusing results. I tried changing the affinity to 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and also noticed a typo in my desktop affinity where I had put a 17th core. I fixed that and then tested in Desktop and VR. I did not see an improvement. In fact, the cowgirl scene caused the glitching right eye in VR and the other scenes seems about the same. I switched back to 1,3,5,7,9,11,15 and tested again. This time the cowgirl scene was as bad as ever with the mirror on so the frame rate was 4-8fps. Turning off the mirror brought it up to about 35fps, but the mirror is there to watch that booty jiggle, so not having it is a bummer. I tested with the Speed Optimizer on, and then off, but I was not seeing any difference. I put back the settings, with the typo, and tested again with Speed Optimizer on and got back to 35fps in the cowgirl scene with the mirror on in VR. But then after a minute or so the right eye glitched out and the fps dropped to single digits. I turned off the mirror and the fps went back up to 35, even 70 at times, but the right eye was still glitching. When I quit VAM the glitchiness continued in Quest Link so I think this issue has something to do with Quest Link. I have a Quest 3 and I use a knock off Link cable which I've used for a year or so. I tested some of this yesterday before I had the break through with the short link cable that came with the Quest 3 just to see if there was any difference between the cables and there was not.
One other difference I noticed from my successful tests yesterday and this morning was that the CPU usage was at or near 100% when everthing worked, but on these last tests that didn't work, the CPU usage was between 40-60 with sometimes spikes to 70 as shown in Task Manager. Resource monitor shows the all 10 cores are working and the workload seems relatively evenly distributed.
Does Virtual Desktop do a better job of linking a Quest 3 to a PC that the native Quest Link Software?

- BUG

Using the Assembly-CSharp.dll that comes with this patch will BREAK the clothing creator inside VaM for allot of .duf files. (Vam will simply throw a generic unity error and cancels the import process).

Not an issue in itself as you can simply revert to the original .dll while you need to use the clothing creator, and then change back to the patched .dll once you are done, but still annoying and strange nonetheless.

More testing has yielded confusing results. I tried changing the affinity to 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and also noticed a typo in my desktop affinity where I had put a 17th core. I fixed that and then tested in Desktop and VR. I did not see an improvement. In fact, the cowgirl scene caused the glitching right eye in VR and the other scenes seems about the same. I switched back to 1,3,5,7,9,11,15 and tested again. This time the cowgirl scene was as bad as ever with the mirror on so the frame rate was 4-8fps. Turning off the mirror brought it up to about 35fps, but the mirror is there to watch that booty jiggle, so not having it is a bummer. I tested with the Speed Optimizer on, and then off, but I was not seeing any difference. I put back the settings, with the typo, and tested again with Speed Optimizer on and got back to 35fps in the cowgirl scene with the mirror on in VR. But then after a minute or so the right eye glitched out and the fps dropped to single digits. I turned off the mirror and the fps went back up to 35, even 70 at times, but the right eye was still glitching. When I quit VAM the glitchiness continued in Quest Link so I think this issue has something to do with Quest Link. I have a Quest 3 and I use a knock off Link cable which I've used for a year or so. I tested some of this yesterday before I had the break through with the short link cable that came with the Quest 3 just to see if there was any difference between the cables and there was not.
One other difference I noticed from my successful tests yesterday and this morning was that the CPU usage was at or near 100% when everthing worked, but on these last tests that didn't work, the CPU usage was between 40-60 with sometimes spikes to 70 as shown in Task Manager. Resource monitor shows the all 10 cores are working and the workload seems relatively evenly distributed.
Does Virtual Desktop do a better job of linking a Quest 3 to a PC that the native Quest Link Software?
I have a kiwi design usb cable and don't use it. I bought Virtual desktop and an Asus tuf gaming router at 1 meter. It's so perfect ! If i pose the quest 3 and come back later, there is a bug with left eye, i go to the virtual desktop menu and come back to vam, in 1 sec the problem is solved.

Last edited:
I have a kiwi design usb cable and don't use it. I bought Virtual desktop and an Asus tuf gaming router at 1 meter. It's so perfect ! If i pose the quest 3 and come back later, there is a bug with left eye, i go to the virtual desktop menu and come back to vam, in 1 sec the problem is solved.
I bought and tested Virtual Desktop, and it's not good. The latency is pretty noticeable compared to the Quest Link using a cable, and the pretty much the same frame rate issues come up. It also glitches out a lot and is intolerable in VR.

I bought and tested Virtual Desktop, and it's not good. The latency is pretty noticeable compared to the Quest Link using a cable, and the pretty much the same frame rate issues come up. It also glitches out a lot and is intolerable in VR.
You gotta set it up right. Most people use it fine.

If you are trying to use Virtual Desktop through a shared wifi, results are going to be from bad to nauseating. You need a dedicated router connected to your pc with an ethernet cable, with the oculus connecting wirelessly to that. I had already bought a second router since our old internet provider only provided a gateway and when connecting that way performance is great and the extra controls come in handy too.
If I forget to switch the connection in the quest and connect through the house wifi lag is insane, no matter if I am on VaM or any other program

the problem is that the jsons are huge and they are loaded bit by bit from a zipstream instead of unzipping them once and then loading them in one go. Unzipping the the .var first and then loading atoms would increase loading speeds 100x on a ssd, but would make every scene require a few gigs of ram at loading time.
Would that be a hard change to do and put in a plugin? I know its not for everyone because of additional ram requirements, but for those that have more ram than they can use, having a dramatic increase of loading speeds would feel like Christmas.

Especially in VR, where multitasking is not as easy as with desktop, reducing the time waiting in the headset is a big win.

Back
Top Bottom