Question Could someone guide me in inserting the character?

Explain it to me.

Reactions
Hi

I bought a PATREON animation and I would like to exchange a man (for myself)
And a woman for another woman.

Could someone guide me step by step?
I'm doing it for the first time...

I want to put another woman and another guy inside.Instead of those there now.

thx

Two quick ways. Open your scene and go to Edit mode. Click on the icon in the UI that looks like two little people. (You can also just hit the 'N' key on your keyboard.) Cycle through until you have the one selected you want to change. Once you have the one selected, there are two ways to put someone else in there, and both require that you have an appearance saved somewhere. You can either click the "Appearance Presets" button and click "Select Existing," then choose your appearance preset. Or you can click the "Control & Physics 1" button then click the "Load Look" button. Again, you choose the Look you have saved.

If you have a person's appearance you would like to use from another scene, but it doesn't show up in those places, you would need to first load that scene, then follow the directions above to get to "Control & Physics 1," then click "Save Look" so you have one to load.

Those are the easiest ways I know of. Others might be able to chime in with corrections!

Upvote 0
As an addition: You maybe want to use "appearance preset" over the old "Load Look", because it has some advantages if you add a person into an existing scene. The old "Load Look" can break some of the dependencies and settings. Saying this, I still use "Load Look" or better "Save Look" for simply storing different versions of my self made looks, and only saving the best iterations as "Appearance Preset" to keep the list clean from duplicates.

Short recaption:
-Open scene with look
-Select the person/look you want to save
-Click "Appearance Preset"
-Save the appearance preset.

-Open new scene where you want to insert the look
-Click and select the person you want to change
-Click "Select Existing"
-Load that appearance preset from list.

If the new appearance differs too much from the original look (mainly height), you may break the scene. Be prepared for some try and error.

Upvote 0
Two quick ways. Open your scene and go to Edit mode. Click on the icon in the UI that looks like two little people. (You can also just hit the 'N' key on your keyboard.) Cycle through until you have the one selected you want to change. Once you have the one selected, there are two ways to put someone else in there, and both require that you have an appearance saved somewhere. You can either click the "Appearance Presets" button and click "Select Existing," then choose your appearance preset. Or you can click the "Control & Physics 1" button then click the "Load Look" button. Again, you choose the Look you have saved.

If you have a person's appearance you would like to use from another scene, but it doesn't show up in those places, you would need to first load that scene, then follow the directions above to get to "Control & Physics 1," then click "Save Look" so you have one to load.

Those are the easiest ways I know of. Others might be able to chime in with corrections!

wam bub, scene browse, creator...wchich one ?

I opened them all one by one and I don't see the control panel for ..adaging anywhere? What buttons can I use to bring up this control panel?

This control panel did not open even after pressing all the keys on the keyboard.

Upvote 0

I have no idea which button or which key combination opened it?
It just happened and somehow it accidentally opened. I do not know how.

1.)
We chose the animation and I want to replace the woman I already have saved( in pc) it.

What button should I press?
1.)..
2.)..

Upvote 0
Cycle selet person ?

I don't see the woman I pulled from the patreon anywhere?

question :

How can I check in the game if the woman inserted from PATREON is already in my game?
thank you

Upvote 0
Cycle selet person ?

I don't see the woman I pulled from the patreon anywhere?

question :

How can I check in the game if the woman inserted from PATREON is already in my game?
thank you

Sorry, I would really like to help you, but it is difficult for me to understand what your issues with VaM exactly are.
First important things: Are you using the full version (Patreon) or the very limited free version, that has not all the neccessary functions to even edit a scene? If it is the free "try-out" version, you most probably are not able to swap people, sorry.
Are you using VaM in VR or Desktop mode? Vamurai explained the Desktop mode with keyboard, I was explaining the VR mode with pointing at things. If it is the Desktop mode, I can't answer your questions, because I don't use it. The biggest sensation about VaM is, that it is made with VR in mind, and VR is still the main focus. The Desktop mode has not all the possibilities you have with VR and it is not that "intuitive" to use.
As I understand it correctly, you are having issues with different basic things (no offend!), like selecting objects and opening tabs. If you allready have the full paid "creator" version of VaM, you maybe should just click around a bit more and do some try-and-error learning. It is not simple at the beginning, but it will be worth it.

Upvote 0
VaM (OpenVR)
Full patreon version profesionall full.

1.)Should I click on the guy I want to replace?

2.)Should I press which button to replace it?

Upvote 0
1 edit mode yes ?

2 cycle select person ?

and now ?

-Click and select the person you want to change
-Click "Select Existing"
-Load that appearance preset from list.

Are there a total of about 30 tables?-Click "Appearance Preset"...pardon where is "-Click "Appearance Preset"?I want change that man to other man.(The woman stays there.)

Upvote 0
ONly I want know...subscene person 2.

Which button changes person number 2?

It only constantly changes person number 1.

Which button does I use to switch to person 2?

Upvote 0
ONly I want know...subscene person 2.

Which button changes person number 2?

It only constantly changes person number 1.

Which button does I use to switch to person 2?
Like I said, I unfortunately can't help you with the non-VR version and keyboard-button-clicking.

How to do it in VR (you wrote you have "openVR"):

You can see the man in the scene you want to exchange? One of the buttons on your VR-Controlers are opening the VaM menue, which is floating in the "air" in a spot near to where you have clicked that controller menue-button. On the lower end there should be two big buttons like "play mode" and "edit mode". Select "edit mode" with your controller.
Look at the man again. Once you have opened the VaM menue in edit mode, you should see many colored points on him.
Look further and you will see some other floating markings for the light and so on. The more complicated the scene is, the more points you may see.
One of the markings, most likely somewhere near the man, looks like a person. Find it and select it with your VR controller.
The VaM menue will most likely change. This is the main menue for editing the selected person.
Make sure you really have selected the man and not the woman. Best way is to look at the available clothes or the hair at the upper end of the many menue tabs (mine are at the right side, but that can be altered).
You now have selected the person.

An completely other way to select a person is:
After you have selected "edit mode", look at the menue and at the lower end you will find a button with a single big arrow on it, like some sort of "select pointer". Click it and it will open the "select menue". On the left side you will see many entries. The more complicated the scene is, the more entries you will find.
There will be an entry that reads "person 1" or "person 2" ...
With clicking on that entries, you can select a person as well. This is maybe not as intuitive like the way described above, but in very complicated scenes it is very usefull. Look at the main person menue like I described above and make sure, it is the right person. Now continue.

Now look at the main person menue. You will see many tabs on one side. One of the many different tabs reads "Appearance Preset". Click it and
a menue will open up: on the upper left you will find "select existing". Click it and you would see all your saved appearance preset.
Most likely you have none at this point.
At the left side of the "open" menue, you will find some text entries, one above the other. This is where you will find downloaded stuff in the new "var" file format.
The upper few entries are for searching and sorting your future big list. At the moment there will most probably only some few entries.
If you found your downloaded figure there.... then all is OK. Click it and you are ready to go.

Unfortunately only some few creators share their looks directly as a appearance preset.
You have to do some more work to get it ready to use in other scenes.

Here is how to do it:
Open the VaM main menue with your controller's menue button like described above.
Now look at the lower left side for two icons that are looking like OPEN AND CLOSE scenes.
Click to open a new scene and look at the left side. Like described above, there are some text entries one above the others. This are again the downloades scenes in "var" file format.
Search for one entry that looks like it could be your downloaded look from the patreon website.
Select it and it will open up some new entries in the main "open" menue. Click on the entry that is most likely the scene you want to open.
You now have opened a new scene with the person in it that has the look you have downloaded.
Like described above, select the "edit mode", look for all the floating points and find the one, that looks like a person.
Select it and you have selected the person you want.
Like described above, go and find the tab that reads "apperance preset".
Now don't (!) click on "select existing" but on the button that says "save..."
Click it, enter a name you are able to remember, and save the look from the scene as a "appearance preset".

Now open the scene (or animation as you called it above) where you want to insert the new look.
This is exactly like you have done it above with the other scene.
Now do as you did above, click "edit mode", find the point that looks like a person, be sure that it is the right person, find the "appearance preset" tab, click "select existing" and now you will find your newly saved appearance preset. Load it and you are done.

This are some very basic tasks. You will do them again and again in VaM, and at some point, this will become very easy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seriously thanks.
It seems terribly complicated to me. In sims 4, just click on the woman and that's it.

I understand it's not a project for people. More for a few enthusiasts. But this complicated control will not attract new paying players.Sims 4 and whickedwhims are so terribly easy to use.
It's a shame. Because more players can create more modes and more animations for game.

This is so complicated that no one will play it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seriously thanks.
It seems terribly complicated to me. In sims 4, just click on the woman and that's it.

I understand it's not a project for people. More for a few enthusiasts. But this complicated control will not attract new paying players.Sims 4 and whickedwhims are so terribly easy to use.
It's a shame. Because more players can create more modes and more animations for game.

This is so complicated that no one will play it.

Don't give up.
Once you have wraped your head around the very basics, it is fun to use.
VaM is absolutely not a game like Sims 4. It is even questionable if it IS a game, or more like some kind of tool. I would say it is more like the VR version of DAZ3D, which is officially called a render-art app, but is used for sex-posing and erotic scenes by most of the users.
There is a HUGE fan-community for VaM and it is called the most advanced VR "Sex-Game" for a good reason. There is nothing else like this.
In the very beginning it was dead simple. Some clicking here, some posing there... And do you know what... it was boring after a few hours. Then it grows to something very special as it is today.
You defenitely have to put some work in it. If you do, you will most probably love it. If you only want fast entertainment, you will hate it. Nothing in between.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom