Question Can someone help me get a Gen8 DAZ character into VAM?

Wolforano

Reactions
Heyho!

I downloaded this one beautiful model that I would love to import into VAM, someone told me I can download it and then get it into VAM with tutorials.

But it seems its pretty hard. I found some tutorials here how to import such a character into VAM, but I have already problems with the first steps.

Is there anyone who could help me doing that or who could transfer it somehow to a file that I could import into VAM?

Thanks!

Edit: The character is this one: https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=135364 (I had to buy it... and unfortunately already did, I thought it would be easy to import)

Have you seen / followed this guide?

Upvote 0
Is there anyone who could help me doing that or who could transfer it somehow to a file that I could import into VAM?

Its a very grey area, to, walk'n a fine line transferring files like that for this sort of thing. If not just completely against many rules and copyright infringements. Your best bet is to just stick with the tutorials. Once you get it down, you are then free to import whatever you buy. As its yours for personal use. (unless noted otherwise, some models/objects can't be used in 3D interactive situations without purchasing an Interactive License.)

But if I'm being honest, I'm pretty sure that models morphs are already on the hub. I've definitely seen it before here. The Textures are a completely different story though. As far as I'm aware, there is no product that's a program/plugin that will convert a texture like this. As the Seam's are completely different between Genesis 8 and 2. That's why many create their own method. Though, I don't know what kind of problems you'd run into, if people started handing out a texture converter. But what I'm getting at, is its very possible to create your own texture converter script, or seam changer in programs like Gimp, paint.net and photoshop. It will take you some time to set that up though. Its alot of one for one mapping exchange of seam vertices. Once you got it setup though, its litterally 4 clicks and the texture will convert itself.

Once you get your pipeline setup though, it's great being able to just use whatever model for G2F or G2M at a moments notice.

Just stick with it.

That or if you don't want to put the time in learning to convert, then you'll have to put the time in just waiting for VaM 2.0. It will have G8F model compatibility.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom