Concepts

Scenes Concepts

RandomVAMUser

Reactions
RandomVAMUser submitted a new resource:

Concepts - collection of basic scenes (concepts)

This page is still under construction (for now only core info+preview)
I still need to verify stuff with individual content/concepts, before i delete them.

concept=experimental and unpolished showcase of random shenanigans
Some Info:
All scenes are created and tested in desktop-mode using VAM v1.20.77.9
With 60HZ/2Cap Physics settings
Code:
   "contentList" : [...

Read more about this resource...

RandomVAMUser updated Concepts with a new update entry:

Concepts "All-in-One" Update

All my concepts (01-05) combined into single package (including all previous versions)

Changes:
-added subfolder for each concept
-renamed concepts for better future organization
-concept_01_elevatorV3: changed custom images path to RVU.Dependencies.var
-concept_04_lightsV1: changed custom textures/images path to RVU.Dependencies.var
-concept_04_lightsV1: added UIButton to toggle UI elements
-concept_04_lightsV1: fixed typos on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

RandomVAMUser updated Concepts with a new update entry:

Lights Concept Update V2

lights_conceptV2
-this is final experiment with this concept (got all info i needed)
-reworked all lights/removed some stuff from V1
-added basic alpha texture (circle) for spinner/sphere (~95KB didn't wanna reupload dependecies just for that)
-more spot lights focused build (4spot/2point, 6 lights total)
-experiments with emissive image panels (as alternative)
-some experiments with floor (issue: in process messed up renderque somewhere, can't see slate bellow cube anymore)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Mate!!! Thankyou :)

It's going to take me a few more days to finish polishing and packaging, but this youtube embed trick just (mostly) solved the biggest hurdle I had to releasing the VaM Drum cover I have been working on.

It's still not perfect. (Being able to instead somehow pause/unpause a youtube video via trigger would still be the ideal solution.)

But using the embeds at least has removed most of the page refresh lag. And perhaps more importantly, seems to load up and start playing in a much more consistent timeframe.

With a 0.8s or so offset to the animation start it's actually syncing up first time almost every time now!

This has made me quite happy, as I was worried I would just have to release a janky mess to get around copyright problems.

So thankyou again!

For anyone else wondering, because it's not 100% clear from the guide. This is what an embed with a timestamp and autoplay looks like:

/embed/KBca3xf-j3o?start=421&autoplay=1

It would not work properly using the default mins and seconds timestamp format from youtubes own link creator. Seems like you have to just use seconds from start (421 in this case = 7:01).

It's also apparently quite picky about "&" vs "?" to separate the commands.

This has made me quite happy, as I was worried I would just have to release a janky mess to get around copyright problems.

So thankyou again!
I am glad you found some use/idea from it. ;)

I created this one a while back...i would probably compact it a bit more if i was to remake/update it,
using AP step for every song/video was not "efficient" and kinda tedious...

Original plan for this concept was simple showcase for que-up songs using embed links to prevent autoplay playlists & ads.
Also kinda "gray area" but you don't include (redistribute) any music inside package, so no worries about copyright/license? :unsure:

I did noticed few videos (that are embed) still drop "watch on youtube" errors when using "autoplay" parameter (mostly on older/less popular videos),
they still showup embed (fullscreen) but can't use autoplay for some reason...
Supported parameters

-not all videos are embed 'enabled' (mostly popular/mainstream stuff)
-those that are you can put lots of parameters one after another...aside from few weird one (those that don't accept autoplay)

Sadly one thing you can't do with embed url is to reduce volume or rewind playback
only "start" and "end" to chop/play part of video (+ & - on "start" also works, doubt that's useful...example: &start=+30)

even if you know exact length of your song and you know duration so far (using some side counter)
i still don't know what todo/how to use that information or interact with playback to rewind or smth....

maybe use extra set of "start" commands to have more control over idk...maybe 2nd playback? (stop main playback as 2nd one loads in?) :unsure:😕

Original plan for this concept was simple showcase for que-up songs using embed links to prevent autoplay playlists & ads.
Also kinda "gray area" but you don't include (redistribute) any music inside package, so no worries about copyright/license? :unsure:

I'm no legal expert, but I have tried to do a little reading on the subject because of what I want to do with it.

If it's a link to an official or otherwise licenced source, you are effectively just giving them views. Granted embeds do skip adverts, but if they have not disabled that feature, it's hard to see it as anything but tacit approval. (There are a number of channels that do disable embeds for this reason, such as the official Formula 1 channel).

They did after all host that content on Youtube for all to view and/or embed into their forums pages and websites. That's why we can add these links to our scenes in the first place.

If the VaM scene in question was behind a paywall however, that would probably be a different matter. You are at that point profiting directly from their work and they would, I imagine, be well within their rights to claim a share or block you. Not something I want to test tbh. (nor a potential problem I want to cause for Meshed and the Dev team either)

^Not that I think they would actually notice anyway, but to invent a proverb: "Don't go around kicking wasps nests when you don't have to".

(Maybe worth noting a handful of creators have seemingly been doing this anyway for some time now, by actually including the mp3's in the scenes. They are just distributing them via Patreon rather than hosting on the Hub itself. Can't say I have a problem with it, but....shall we just say they are perhaps braver than I?)

Re: the other technical stuff about volume, scrubbing etc.

I think the only elegant solution to that would be a plugin. But I'm genuinely not sure how technically feasible that actually would be. (I'm essentially just a musician and film maker. Actual coding is kind of straying somewhat into black magic for me)

If this ends up being something I do a lot of, I might approach one of the more talented programmers for a commission job. (If it even can be done)

I have a feeling it'd still be pretty limited though.

The big deals for me would be:

A. Broadcasting the audio from a web panel via an audio source. (Allowing volume, spatialization, rhythm sources etc.)

B. Some way to automate interactions with the web panel GUI. e.g. trigger a click at a specified set of co-ordinates on the screen. (that could at least cover play/pause without page loading lag, if not even a bit of timeline scrubbing.)

Anyway thanks again. This has all been very useful to me regardless of the limitations we are both banging our heads against :)

I get the legal part (and yes, i see a lot of "fishy" packages around hub) at the same time:
-i have my own policy "if it's not included inside package it's fine" (ofc this could be 100% false)
-"technically" there's nothing redistributed inside package, only text inside .json
-i don't do commercial stuff or ask for attribution/credit
-if i record preview video using licensed/copyrighted song and upload to vimeo, that's the risk i am taking (on vimeo side).
Don't see how it could involve VaM team. 🤷‍♂️
The big deals for me would be:

A. Broadcasting the audio from a web panel via an audio source. (Allowing volume, spatialization, rhythm sources etc.)

B. Some way to automate interactions with the web panel GUI. e.g. trigger a click at a specified set of co-ordinates on the screen. (that could at least cover play/pause without page loading lag, if not even a bit of timeline scrubbing.)
💯

Using web panel to play songs without any volumeTriggers is dull, i can only hope vam v2.0 would expand upon it.
We def. need a way to control & trigger those web sounds/vam client sounds/whatever the main audio source is...

If someone can make "plugin/anything" for v1.x it would be a game changer.
But i also doubt it's even possible or at least one of those script creators would be ontop of it already.

- added V4 speaker wip scene to overview page
it was cut from final package release (too much leftovers from previous version)
speakerV4wip.jpg

Back
Top Bottom