Comply but still animated?

VRmatt

Reactions
After a year of using Vam, I'm still wondering:
If I have a script that moves the hands, like CUE or IdlePoser, what physics/control settings makes it possible to still grab and move the hands, and still allow them to slowly trace back to an automated pattern?

That doesn't sound solvable with physics or control settings. If the plugin is responsible for moving the hands in some manner (I'm not familiar with how Cue or IdlePoser work, so I don't know what that manner is), and you then interfere with that movement by grabbing the hand, it would be up to the plugin to recover from the grabbed state of the hand control when you let go. It would need to be solved in the plugin itself.

Although it wasn't quite clear from your message if you want to move the hand using the Comply mode and pushing the hand physically, or if you want to move it by grabbing the control node. Two quite different things

I'd say either/or.
I'm assuming the script would have to interpolate the path in realtime.
A similar simulation would be: parent the hand to an empty node, move the node around (animate it). You'd be able to grab the hand and move it anywhere, while its still trying to realign with the node. Like a rubber band basically.

Back
Top Bottom