Complete Locomotion System

Plugins Complete Locomotion System

Awesome plugin. JaxZoa can you please help, I'm using an empty atom to make my character walk to locations but how would I use this in acidbubbles timeline? I try to create 2 different points say point A to B, but when I press play the character just kinda does a horrible slide from point A to point B I'm obviously doing something wrong but have no idea any tips would be awesome.

You can use timeline to animate the target (empty) movement. The character should follow it the same way it does when you move it around yourself ^^

You can use timeline to animate the target (empty) movement. The character should follow it the same way it does when you move it around yourself ^^
Awesome thanks for your help it worked, I have run into another issue, when I disable CLS (so I can create other animations with timeline) and re enable it my character lifts up off the ground any idea why this is or how to get around it?

Awesome thanks for your help it worked, I have run into another issue, when I disable CLS (so I can create other animations with timeline) and re enable it my character lifts up off the ground any idea why this is or how to get around it?

Did you set the Ground atom in CLS ? And toggle the detach root (in the character physics tab) on, and set the "Control root" toggle on in CLS as well ^^

Hi - thank you JaxZoa for your awesome work on this plugin!
Had you familiarized yourself with the normal human physiologic gait cycle prior to making the plugin? Apologies if you had, but if you yet haven't, I think a quick look might give you some insight how to perfect the gait settings.

A human gait cycle (walking) consists of two primary phases for each side of the body - "stance" and "swing" (stance has 5 subphases and swing has 3). 60% of the gait cycle by time is spent in stance (with foot on ground) and 40% spent in swing(foot in air). both feet are on the ground at the beginning and end of their respective stance phase. Here is a good graphic illustrating a normal human gait: https://www.researchgate.net/public...144112972/Phases-of-the-normal-gait-cycle.png

One problem with the existing animation is that a true human gait has the hip, knee and ankle joint angles changing throughout the two phases, and CLS only allows adjusting the hip joint angle by elevating and bringing-forward the knee controller, and doesn't allow adjusting the knee joint angle or ankle angle more than once for the entire cycle. The other problem is that if you are restricted to only adjusting controller positions and rotations, you have to allow for multiple positions (at least two) for the different phases of the gait cycle. [For example, If the plugin were separated into all 8 phases of the gait, I could set a pre-swing foot [heel] position and rotation and a terminal-swing foot position and rotation, allowing for very-realistic gait formations]

The closest I could get to normality using the body movement settings was setting foot to move backwards and up and knee going forwards and up, then hand and elbow going backwards. If users try to get a normal non-high-heels-looking gait setting "Step_RightFootForward" to a positive number,I don't think they're likely to succeed. This is because it eliminates the "Terminal Stance", "Pre-Swing", and "Toe-Off" phases of the gait cycle, which are 3 of 8 phases required for normal-looking walk.

Anyway let me know your thoughts. Thanks again. Taking a long time to learn the plugin but sure glad you created it.

Had you familiarized yourself with the normal human physiologic gait cycle prior to making the plugin? Apologies if you had, but if you yet haven't, I think a quick look might give you some insight how to perfect the gait settings.

A human gait cycle (walking) consists of two primary phases for each side of the body - "stance" and "swing" (stance has 5 subphases and swing has 3). 60% of the gait cycle by time is spent in stance (with foot on ground) and 40% spent in swing(foot in air). both feet are on the ground at the beginning and end of their respective stance phase. Here is a good graphic illustrating a normal human gait: https://www.researchgate.net/public...144112972/Phases-of-the-normal-gait-cycle.png

One problem with the existing animation is that a true human gait has the hip, knee and ankle joint angles changing throughout the two phases, and CLS only allows adjusting the hip joint angle by elevating and bringing-forward the knee controller, and doesn't allow adjusting the knee joint angle or ankle angle more than once for the entire cycle. The other problem is that if you are restricted to only adjusting controller positions and rotations, you have to allow for multiple positions (at least two) for the different phases of the gait cycle. [For example, If the plugin were separated into all 8 phases of the gait, I could set a pre-swing foot [heel] position and rotation and a terminal-swing foot position and rotation, allowing for very-realistic gait formations]

The closest I could get to normality using the body movement settings was setting foot to move backwards and up and knee going forwards and up, then hand and elbow going backwards. If users try to get a normal non-high-heels-looking gait setting "Step_RightFootForward" to a positive number,I don't think they're likely to succeed. This is because it eliminates the "Terminal Stance", "Pre-Swing", and "Toe-Off" phases of the gait cycle, which are 3 of 8 phases required for normal-looking walk.

Anyway let me know your thoughts. Thanks again. Taking a long time to learn the plugin but sure glad you created it.

Hello.

If you have a good preset for a non-high-heels good walking, I will be happy to have it. Thank you.

JaxZoa updated Complete Locomotion System with a new update entry:

v2.5

- Roll back of the camera controller to the last version.
- Added actions to be able to save/load presets using in game UI.
- Added physics parameters and UI
- Fixed a problem with the step targets not loading correctly
- Fixed a bug with the gaze target not loading correctly in some cases.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Amazing plugin. Truly. I use it all the time, it's really fun and makes for some really impressive simulations.

It would really help if the UI was a bit more compact without the need to scroll, I find myself so often accidentally adjusting Body Pose instead of Body Movement, and vice versa. Here's a quick example:
1674819967245.png

Also, with the mid-range timings, I wish I could adjust phase of the cycle, as well as where the midpoint lies in the period. A good example of this is the Autothruster plugin, which allows for the "Rotation/Cycle Timing Offset" (phasing) as well as the "Duration inside" (midpoint adjustment). Adjusting the phasing as well as the midpoint timing would make for some really smooth movement.
Picture example:
1674820872383.png

Last edited:
You use the movement and pose parameters to create your walk style, it's up to you to create a good animation matching your character :p

Well it's virtually impossible to understand what any of these sliders actually do. So...

If you know what the settings are for a decent, normal walk, why wouldn't you just make those the default values?

Well it's virtually impossible to understand what any of these sliders actually do. So...

If you know what the settings are for a decent, normal walk, why wouldn't you just make those the default values?

Because the walk depend on the character height and body shape, you have to create your own walk style for your characters. How is it virtually impossible ?? oO if you don't understand the slider names, you can activate Dance Mode, and just move the sliders to see the effect >_<

Do you have a preset you can share?

This plugin seems impossible to make any normal looking sort of walk. So, therefore is kind of a useless plugin.

It's extremely cool, don't get me wrong, but if it's so difficult or impossible to make a natural looking walk cycle then what is the point?

Has anyone tried using this plugin to make a third/first person game? Right now I have 5 UI buttons that trigger 4 directions and one more UI button for a stop command. I have a empty atom parented to the person's control atom so that it follows and acts as a camera using embody. The four directional atoms are empties and that I placed north south, east and west of the person atom. They are only parented in the position state to the person control atom. If I set the rotation as parented things get crazy because it starts an infinite turning loop where the person is turning following the atom, and the atom is also trying to follow the person. It's kind of hilarious. The way I have it set up works, but it gets confusing once you're facing a different direction than you started at, since the directional atoms are static. It means if I try to press the UI button that says R for right, I may do a 180 depending on where the person is situated according to the direction I want.

Because the walk depend on the character height and body shape, you have to create your own walk style for your characters. How is it virtually impossible ?? oO if you don't understand the slider names, you can activate Dance Mode, and just move the sliders to see the effect >_<
That's the best way. Anyone struggling with it, just check the dance mode box and play with the sliders. It's not hard to make a decent walk animation and the more you tune it the better it gets.

Has anyone tried using this plugin to make a third/first person game? Right now I have 5 UI buttons that trigger 4 directions and one more UI button for a stop command. I have a empty atom parented to the person's control atom so that it follows and acts as a camera using embody. The four directional atoms are empties and that I placed north south, east and west of the person atom. They are only parented in the position state to the person control atom. If I set the rotation as parented things get crazy because it starts an infinite turning loop where the person is turning following the atom, and the atom is also trying to follow the person. It's kind of hilarious. The way I have it set up works, but it gets confusing once you're facing a different direction than you started at, since the directional atoms are static. It means if I try to press the UI button that says R for right, I may do a 180 depending on where the person is situated according to the direction I want.

Don't know if you checked the demo, but i implemented third person gameplay, you can actually walk around, undress, crouch, crawl etc using a controller. It's possible to create a full third person game using CLS and the other plugins available for sure!

Is the scaling issue fixed now? Does this plugin support person scale other than 1 ?

Is the scaling issue fixed now? Does this plugin support person scale other than 1 ?

I don't plan on working on this plugin anymore. And it's not really a bug, just tried creating a walk for a 0.3 scale character, and it works fine, but indeed the placement doesn't scale automatically.

Great plugin. Is it possible to make the person follow the target on the Y axis so that she will go up and down also?

Back
Top Bottom