Question Collision Triggers - Best way to place them on certain body parts to react with hands?

Lione

Reactions
I am having a pain with how to best place touch animation ( timeline) collision triggers on body parts like top knee, knee side, kneck, bum
buttock and so on.

Example:

I place the trigger to this right leg spot.
I sure placed it accurate position in VR dimension even showing a 2D non vr example here.

2022-10-18 19_16_32-VaM.png

My goal is that if i touch or stroke that "exact" body part spot in vr the short timeline animation should start.

Reality is currently in my trials it only works if you place the trigger ( incl. that ball ) way over ( here outside the leg ) and not as i would expect
the ball showing out a glimps out of the leg.

I would expect this:

2022-10-18 19_17_19-VaM.png

and not that

2022-10-18 19_29_08-VaM.png

It makes no sense for me to have the ball and trigger outside the leg?

I want the animation to start the moment i touch or stroke that body spot and not the air over it ;)
This breaks immersion if the animation starts before i even touch the body part.

For what is the ball to be meant for here if it doesn't works to glimps showcase the ball at a exact trigger spot?
Isn't the ball the spot / range where the trigger should get active?

My 2nd issue:

Trigger physic link is not working as it should in curr. VAM Version:

I do also have a pain to glue the collision triggers.
Even if i physic link the coll. trigger it will move away from its set spot depending on my poses for example if i switch a pose.
Is there a 100% working "trigger glue" to fix glue the trigger to?

Actually my plan is to like use 15 or more expression triggers so it has to work that they stay at the exact spot no matter what pose i switch to afterwards.

Last edited:
pulling the collision trigger away works, implies to me that there's some conflict with the built in colliders on the body perhaps. Wondering if you tried @Acidbubbles collider editor and selectively turned off certain portions of that region to see if that's the case. like the hard colliders etc, or maybe shrink them down so the collider you want is what is hit.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom