Answered Change XYZ Direction

Ghostwalden

Reactions
When i rotate something, in that case, the hand of the character,
the XYZ direction does roate as well.
With this rotated XYZ i find it very difficult to move the hand propperly.
Is there a way, to reset XYZ direciton, without change rotation or position of the hand?

1712057549392.png

Just found the PowerHandles Plugin from MacGruber, that solved the problem.
Unless someone knows how to do that in vam directly, please tell me.

Upvote 0
Hi atani

The problem is not, that the hand rotates, when i move it.
After the hand is rotated to its position, XYZ Navigation arrows are then rotated as well.
I just would like to have XYZ arrow in its original position, not in a rotated position.

Thats what i can do now with the plugin, but dont know if it also possible without plugins.

Upvote 0
If the rotation is set to OFF, when you move the hand it will rotate and so will the node, and as such the axis also rotate.
I'm doing this by memory, I may be wrong. Check the wiki for person joints, maybe that will help,

Upvote 0
Hi atani.
When i set to Off rotation, then then the set rotation position is lost.
I for example found out, how to do this with the root selection of a person.
Here i have rotated the character to one side and along with it, the whole rotation System XYZ at the bottom
rotated as well.
1712133067797.png

Do i now check Detach Person Root Control, i can change back the Coordinate System without changing the Position of the Character

1712133143016.png

It looks then like this
1712133218261.png

With that new coordinate alighnment, i can move the character properly in the scene in XYZ direction.

I would like to do this, for control points of the person as well.

As i wrote above, i found a plugin, that does this, but i dont know, if i can do this in vam without plugins.

Attachments

• 1712133137872.png
    1712133137872.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Ok, so you're talking about detaching control for body parts nodes. I interpreted your question in a different way.
No idea about that, possibly there isn't.

Upvote 0
Ok, so you're talking about detaching control for body parts nodes. I interpreted your question in a different way.
No idea about that, possibly there isn't.
Thanks for your reply atani.

No problem if there is no way to do that in vam directly, because as i said, i found a Plugin for that.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom