Cant upload free scene that is hosted on Patreon (externally)

ILAFVB

Reactions
Hello,
I just tried to publish scene I made, I upload free scenes to Patreon and choose external link to resource on Hub, but today, I filled all required fields including link to Patreon post but VAM Hub did not let me publish it, saying i need to fill all the required fields. But it did not highlight any.

I looked for causes, and found out it is Hub upload attachment field which is not shown when external download is selected. Problem is that I couldnt publish my scene with external download selected cause it said files were missing (for hub upload) and even if I uploaded them and then switched to external download, it did not let me publish.

I of course have no problem uploading files to hub for scanning but I want to have them published using link to Patreon.
Is there a solution to do that?

Not relevant to the stated problem, but I would strongly recommend to consider uploading to the Hub. Installing your scenes from within VaM (via "Hub-Browse" window) will make it significantly easier for your customers to install your content correctly with all needed dependencies. It would be just one click on "Download All" instead of gathering numerous dependencies everywhere and putting them into the Addon folder by hand. Also if other creators build something depending on your content, their users will have it easier, too. (The latter may be less of an issue as you seem to be doing scenes only, not content so much.)

Hello,
I just tried to publish scene I made, I upload free scenes to Patreon and choose external link to resource on Hub, but today, I filled all required fields including link to Patreon post but VAM Hub did not let me publish it, saying i need to fill all the required fields. But it did not highlight any.

I looked for causes, and found out it is Hub upload attachment field which is not shown when external download is selected. Problem is that I couldnt publish my scene with external download selected cause it said files were missing (for hub upload) and even if I uploaded them and then switched to external download, it did not let me publish.

I of course have no problem uploading files to hub for scanning but I want to have them published using link to Patreon.
Is there a solution to do that?
Any issues with uploading or updating resources should now be resolved.

However, I agree with MacGruber that you will get more exposure and better reactions from your subscribers if you host your files on the Hub. For example, in the game's browser, resources that are hosted externally are not even shown without selecting that as a filter.

Back
Top Bottom