Cloth Grab Sphere Collision Trigger is always disabled and although Control is on physics are off when i reload my Scene - How to fix that ?

Lione

Reactions
I am doing a Undressing Scene with Timeline and for that i need the Cloth Grab Spheres but they are seriously troubelling in their behavior.

Actually its two Issues:

1) The Cloth Grab Sphere Collision Trigger is always disabled when i reload the Scene.

The Main Blocker Issue for me is:

2) Although the Sphere Control Checkbox is on Cloth Sphere physics are off when i reload my Scene.
I have to manually decativate and re activate both Spheres again so that the Undressing Physics even works.

So non Sphere Animation would work here without manually fixing these two behaviors by each Viewer of my Scene.
Otherwise all pople would see is two Hands moving where a Undressing should happen.

I use two Spheres, one for each Hand and it is similar behavior in both.

And i sure saved the Entire Scene those being activated.

This is the Sphere Collison Trigger Box before saving

2021-09-09 20_42_59-VaM.png

After i close and reopen my Saved Scene it looks like this

2021-09-09 21_23_42-VaM.png

I activated the Trigger Checkboxes again in both Spheres manually and surprisingly realized that my Undressing Animation still does not work anymore
since ...
Although the additional "Sphere Control" Checkbox is on, the Cloth Grab Sphere physics are off :(

Why do i have to manually disable and re enable the checkboxes although they are ON by Default to see any undressing?

It looks like this once i loaded the Scene the Checkbox is ON and it should work.

2021-09-09 21_16_37-VaM.png

The Code says

"id" : "ClothGrabSphere#2",
"on" : "true",
"type" : "ClothGrabSphere",

Are these Major Bugs or how can i force these to be active when i load my undressing Scene?

I mean i am ready now all is animated and fits perfect with the Clothing Physics and now that behavior ;)

Can i fix that in the Code if its a Major Bug ?

There is also zero Information about the Trigger Collision Checkbox in the JSON

"id" : "ClothGrabSphere#2",
"position" : {
"x" : "0.338",
"y" : "0.904",
"z" : "0.3"
},
"rotation" : {
"x" : "0",
"y" : "0",
"z" : "0"
},
"containerPosition" : {
"x" : "-0.1315382",
"y" : "0.8655021",
"z" : "1.747845"
},
"containerRotation" : {
"x" : "-1.54404E-05",
"y" : "2.668043E-06",
"z" : "-5.510604E-06"
},
"storables" : [
{
"id" : "PluginManager",
"plugins" : {
}
},
{
"id" : "control",
"positionState" : "PhysicsLink",
"rotationState" : "PhysicsLink",
"x" : "-0.1315382",
"y" : "0.8655021",
"z" : "1.747845"
},
"x" : "-1.54404E-05",
"y" : "2.668043E-06",
"z" : "-5.510604E-06"
},
"linkTo" : "Person:lHandControl"
},
{
"id" : "animation",
"armedForRecord" : "true"
}
]
},
{
"id" : "ClothGrabSphere#3",
"x" : "0.338",
"y" : "0.904",
"z" : "0.3"
},
"x" : "0",
"y" : "0",
"z" : "0"
},
"containerPosition" : {
"x" : "-0.3224782",
"y" : "0.8649511",
"z" : "1.744568"
},
"containerRotation" : {
"x" : "-3.91114E-06",
"y" : "-1.13125E-05",
"z" : "-3.837249E-05"
},
"storables" : [
{
"id" : "PluginManager",
"plugins" : {
}
},
{
"id" : "control",
"positionState" : "PhysicsLink",
"rotationState" : "PhysicsLink",
"x" : "-0.3224782",
"y" : "0.8649511",
"z" : "1.744568"
},
"x" : "-3.91114E-06",
"y" : "-1.13125E-05",
"z" : "-3.837249E-05"
},
"linkTo" : "Person:rHandControl"
}
]
}
]
}

Last edited:
-if you add ClothGrabSphere atom you have to toggle it off/on to grab
-If you leave it "on" and save scene you have to toggle it off/on again to grab (using animation pattern or some other methods)
all this is kinda "normal" 😅

...however about "collision trigger" issue
after quick inspection: for some reason you can't trigger "Collision Trigger" on ClothGrabSphere
there's no option for "triggerEnabled" (for some reason) by animation or simple UIbutton/whatever

Personally never had need for collision on clothGrab but this "auto off" collision state could be a bug.
You can add collision trigger atom on same location as your clothgrabsphere and use it to bypass this issue? :unsure:

Hi thx for your reply.
Why is that normal regarding the Sphere ATOM that even i keep it on it is then Off ( although still activated visable checkboxed even in the Json Code ) after a Scene reload ?

Here

2021-09-09-21_16_37-vam-png.64461

I do not see any Logic in this ?

Its even in the Code?

"id" : "ClothGrabSphere#3",

I mean i add a CLoth Grab Sphere or for a skirt like six or more Spheres for reason so that the Cloth can be grabbed / undressed.
By Hand or auto animated being Linked.
And this has to be permanent activated in a Scene of course.

You are right i do not need the Collision trigger to be on as i just noticed.

Regarding animation the cloth Grab auto off "although on" Situation this is a Applikation killer Situation for undressing animation Scenes if its like that
and hasn't been noticed so far. I mean who in the world would like to "de activate and re enable" this in "all" Cloth GRab Spheres manually alltime for a Undressing animation Scene ?

So i can skip doing animations now since of that surreal behavior?

And that possible bypass you mentioned is only for that Trigger Function and has nothing to do with my Animation to fix that a undressing even works ?

I mean if it would help id appreaciate any help sure then where do i have to set what exactly here ?

" you can add collision trigger atom on same location as your clothgrabsphere and use it to bypass this issue "

This is all new to me.

Am i the first person in the world who does a animated Undressing in a Scene ? ;)

And are there other ways to undress a Panty or animate a Skirt holding up from backside or Front in a Scene than Cloth Grab Spheres if such are not usable for "Scene" animations at all ?

I mean they "somehow" deactivate themselfs also for non Animated Scene usage with each VAM Scene Load or Shutdown.
So honestly atm i do not understand the sense of such Spheres at all anymore other than recording a 1 Shot Video if it only works one time and that is exactly not what i want to do. I want to do several automated Undressing Scenes or as a example Speech to Trigger Undressing Scenes.

Is no one liking to see Women or guys getting undressed or doing nasty Skirt or Pantie Plays in the VAM World watching a Scene?
I am really shocked currently, sure also due to the hours i invested in Learning all the Timeline / Clothing and Sphere Workflows.
And currently all i dreamed of to create since months is like exploding in Dust.

Last edited:
Why is that normal regarding the Sphere ATOM that even i keep it on it is then Off ( although still activated visable checkboxed even in the Json Code ) after a Scene reload ?
I do not see any Logic in this ?
Its even in the Code?
haha...true

There's no "logic" behind it, but everyone who used it by now knows how it works/behaves.
Yes, you save it as "on" and load scene it's gonna appear as "on", but it's "grabing" nothing.
(probably cuz of delay during scene load, idk some tehnical reason with physics/collision)
So you need some type of trigger (flip) on scene load to quicky switch it off/on. (look for my Resort Room or Curtains concept for example).
...again it's "normal" 😅

I was mostly curious about collision issue, so i went and verify that part.
Only alternative (i can think of) if you really need collision on clothgrab would be using collision trigger atoms.
But you already said it, you probably don't...

I don't believe it's good only for "videos"
if you can pre-toggle it on initial scene load, it works as intended
if you need to release/grab later or during your animation, just add on/off trigger somewhere, it should work
(it could be tricky depending what you are trying to achieve, also have to keep in mind initial scene load state)

Hi again.

"if you can pre-toggle it on initial scene load, it works as intended "

That was my thought too.
How could this be done.

It could be a little Plugin or script which re-toggles the Fairy tale Sleeping Grab Spheres right?

I am no programmer.
Sure this Bug is so unbelievable annyoing now that i would even pay for a Commission created Fix.

And honestly how can one of the VAM Developers leave VAM 1.x now with such a Desaster and silly Bug which i am sure a Developer could fix in minutes to just fix that the Spheres keep being on instead off while being ON ?

Sure if i read that no one cares anymore about Bugs in VAM 1.x but this here now is too much for me.
I cannot accept that. This behavior of the Spheres has to be fixed of course.
This is sure not normal. And i think i read some at least tiny Irony in your words ;)

Actually MeshedVR has to leave his VAM 2 programming Castle now because he must already have a Headache from me knocking at his Gates with my ten ton Hammer shouting over the Walls to fix that as a last Gift to all creators since what is the VAM world without
a working animation Undressing Feature.

Triggers:
I do not understand this Triggers for animations currently and yes i will sure open your Resort Room and Curtain Scenes , this seems interesting, thx for recommending.

Sure this is giving so much Life to any Scene if Environment or Clothing.
And if you use it too then it is working at yours due to a Trigger being loaded which re-toggels the Spheres who are dumb sleeping ?

So If i would need a Skirt Undressing with lets say 6 Cloth Grab Spheres how can i use a trigger workaround so such awake again ?
Its not like i only need to re activate one Sphere, all Spheres are sleeping with activated checkbox and need to be re-toggeld in that Situation currently.

Last edited:
You don't need plugins for simple flip on scene load.
My example scene might not be exact showcase, considering i had to bypass 2 issues ("normal workflow") in those scenes (clothGrab and SimSheet).
Still you might get some idea if you inspect/look at it...triggers

the most simple/built-in way without too much hasle (or extra plugins) would be to
add animation pattern (autoplay+no loop), add 2 steps,
and use A) steps for triggering or B) animation triggers inside animation pattern

another option that might work: if you don't use scene animation inside your scene
you can record few seconds empty animation and add triggers there
(all you need is 2 triggers, toggle atom "off" and "on" for each clothGrab)

whatever option you pick just leave some time after final trigger,
don't make "on" trigger your "end point" of animation (example: if it's 2sec make final trigger at 1.8s)
just to avoid possible conflicts down the road and you can toggle it again if you need (during scene)

Hi , the Timeline Trigger helped now much to fix the Issue.
Thx for the Tip.

Even with a Trigger you have to care a ton about your workflow
It still behaves buggy like hell and a Fix of the Spheres behavior" would help tons of course.

But the key for me now as a workaround is to Set the Spheres, do all animation and before i add any Trigger
i save and reload the Scene and do "not at all touch any of the Spheres on OFf " anymore.

If i "then" add a new Trigger with Sphere Toggle On and with Start and End no matter if it starts at first second
it works from Scratch that the Undressing Starts even if i reload the Scene.

It even works after a HArd Reset and VAM Shutdown.
As if there would have been no Issue at all ;)

Regarding The Sphere End Trigger Action...
There is not even a Toggle Off in the Action Menu as i noticed lol.

There is only a Toggle ON.
I guess that has been forgotten to be added as the Trigger Function has been added.

Also if i only set a START Action the Animation will only work each 2nd runs if i loop it.
Thats again really surreal.
But it works as you mentioned to set a Start and End even if i select the same Toggle ON for the END.

Whatever the entire Process is a Mess with that Spheres Off On Bug.

If you set the Trigger and all works perfect, your Hands and Pants are moving downwards accurate
and the pants are sliding up nice again in a loop example ,
or the Skirt is moving Up and down grabbing it with either one or Two Hands from Front

"and you dare" to one time disable and enable the Spheres again the entire Animation does
not work anymore. It even kills the Trigger and the Undressing animation.

That until you delete the Trigger, dIsable and re enable the Spheres , Save the Scene ,
Reload the Scene and add a new Trigger again.

Hillarious behavior.

Regarding The Sphere End Trigger Action...
There is not even a Toggle Off in the Action Menu as i noticed lol.

There is only a Toggle ON.
I guess that has been forgotten to be added as the Trigger Function has been added.

Also if i only set a START Action the Animation will only work each 2nd runs if i loop it.
Thats again really surreal.
But it works as you mentioned to set a Start and End even if i select the same Toggle ON for the END.
ToggleON trigger works as inteded (toggle variation of on trigger) switches state of atom,
if atom is on and you trigger ToggleON then it's off and vice versa.
However there is "on" trigger to specify if you wanna atom on (true=checked) or off (false=unchecked) state.
So if atom is off and you trigger on (false) it stays off, but if you trigger ToggleON it flips on.
toggleON.png

With "on" trigger you know exactly if atom is on or off.

Back
Top Bottom