can't save settings

sdfg3456

Reactions
every time i start VAM i need to go into settings and change mirrors to off and percentage of resolution to .75. Any idea why these settings won't "stick"?

Any way to make them stick?

Haven't looked into this in vam, but from modding other games I would look at the .ini file. I would create a back up copy before making any changes too.

It should keep the settings you had last time. Like DTB247 said, check that ini file. Perhaps you can even delete it as it likely gets recreated when you change settings.
Also make sure you don't have VaM in a special permissions folder of some kind.

I had a similar issue. Iirc it was the session plugin preset UserDefaults. Probably in combination with the GiveMeFPS plugin.

I had a similar issue. Iirc it was the session plugin preset UserDefaults. Probably in combination with the GiveMeFPS plugin.

You da man. It was the givemefps plug-in. I just removed it and reset settings. Problem solved.

I found disabling glute physics gives me most of my fps back, and I do that in poses where the glutes aren't used much.

it was the session plugin preset UserDefaults. Probably in combination with the GiveMeFPS plugin.
I was unable to disable "Mirror reflections", it came back every time I launched VAM. Following your advice I was able to fix it. But to my surprise - my GiveMeFPS session plugin is INACTIVE by default. And it still messes up the settings. How is it possible?

I was unable to disable "Mirror reflections", it came back every time I launched VAM. Following your advice I was able to fix it. But to my surprise - my GiveMeFPS session plugin is INACTIVE by default. And it still messes up the settings. How is it possible?

I think that's all saved in the UserDefaults session preset. So if you save over the existing preset when GimmeFPS is active it'll keep reverting to those settings when you start VAM.

Back
Top Bottom