Can't get New Finished Scene to Pack Up

Twelvepak

Reactions
Patreon
Twelvepak
I just finished a scene I wanted to release and I've got that weird issue again where the package won't let me hit the finalize button because it says the sound files are missing, but they are clearly not missing. I had this happen before and I don't recall ever solving it when it happened the first time. Has anyone else experienced this issue? When I Prep Package, it shows me the sound files that need to be added, then when I hit the "Fix" button, it adds the sound files to the list above, but then it won't let me final and says the sound files are missing, after it just added them!

If anyone else has had this issue, were you able to resolve it? Is there a way to manually force the package to go ahead and finish? Is there somewhere I should be storing the sound files other than the "Custom/Sounds" folder? The previous scenes that I remade used all the same sound files out of the same folders and they packaged up just fine.

I don't get it, unless the plug-ins I am using are causing the problem. The plugins I am using are the ExpressionRandomizer.cs, the bvtcr.SoundRandomizer.1.var, CycleForce.cs, and RandomAudio_BuldLoader.CS. Are any of these known to cause my issue?

The bvtcr.SoundRandomizer.1.Var was causing the issue. Have to redo some things. Scene won't be as cool without the random sounds. That is something I can't believe is not built into the core anyway, as well as random expressions, and for some reason, I can't use the Person/Geometry/ any body part to trigger animatable morphs anymore. It is so weird. I can open old scenes I made using that method, and those items are still available in the Geometry selections, but in any new scene from scratch, those options are not there anymore. Why were those taken out?

LogicBricks has some options for random sounds. If you have lots of sounds, you will want to put them into an AssetBundle (much faster loading!!) and use the RandomSoundFromAB brick. Otherwise you can use the RandomSound brick.

(Edit: I mistakenly wrote that the RandomSound brick can't handle normal scene audio.....forgot that I added that)

Last edited:
I will look in to that. I have been a subscriber of yours for a long time and have downloaded most of your plugins, but I've never had time to try and learn how to use them, lol. Plus, I try to make my little simple scenes with as few plug-ins as possible so I don't have to worry about trying to figure out the licensing system. It is a bit convoluted.

Back
Top Bottom