I've fallen, and I can't get up!

leviathan0999

Reactions
Patreon
leviathan0999
So, having made a basically satisfactory "Me" character, I set up a little scene this morning, putting "me" in conversation with my favorite movie-star crush by the jacuzzi, with a full cityscape and a sunset sky. Just the two characters, fully-dressed, standing face to face, with the "Idle Standing 6" animation looping away. That was fun.

This evening, I decided to add a little grace-note to the scene: while the "me" character would just continue with the single instance of "Idle Standing 6," I gave the movie star six Iterations of it, followed by "Expression Kiss 2." So the 2 characters would stand and chat for a while, and then she'd give him a nice kiss. I also moved them closer together, in hopes that the kiss would line up well.

While I was setting that up, I noticed that in spite of MacGruber Gaze telling the two characters to look at one another, they insisted on looking at the player, so I added the settings in Behavior settings for them to look at each other's eye controllers.

I went to save the scene, and before I could save it, the "Me" character slumped to the floor, and I've been unable to get him to stand up again. (This was before she actually got to the point of kissing him. I don't know if that's relevant.)

So, anybody have any idea what happened with this, and how I can fix it?

Many thanks!

Take a look at the nodes on the person who slumped. If they're all red, it measn you turned them all off somehow. You need to enable some of them if you want them to hold a pose.

If some of them are green, select one and see if it's been switched to "compliance". In compliance mode, nodes hold their positions unless they're pulled away by some other force. Like gravity, maybe, in this case.

Back
Top Bottom