Can we enable thumbstick scrolling in the file browser area?

NutellaBrah

Reactions
Every time I go in there I have the urge to scoll down using the thumbstick like is uniform in 90% of all vr apps and browsers.

Instead we are forced to use a slider on the right and if our hand is shaking we can barely see the files and the resolution it glides at is too fast and hard to micro manage where you want to scroll too and is kind of a headache. It almost makes me get stress just trying to browse my scenes.

I can't easily implement this right now as it would take significant changes to the controller processing code. I will look at this for 2.X though.

Alternate tip - most of the scrollable panels in VaM allow grab-scroll which is much easier to use with VR than the scrollbars. There will be an empty background area either on the right (for the Hub) next to the scrollbar or on the bottom that you can click into and now allows you to move controller up/down and even "throw" the view to scroll it.

I can't easily implement this right now as it would take significant changes to the controller processing code. I will look at this for 2.X though.

Alternate tip - most of the scrollable panels in VaM allow grab-scroll which is much easier to use with VR than the scrollbars. There will be an empty background area either on the right (for the Hub) next to the scrollbar or on the bottom that you can click into and now allows you to move controller up/down and even "throw" the view to scroll it.

oooooooohhhhh ok thank you

didnt think about that. I figured there was a better way makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom