Completed (1.20.1.6) FIle Browser shortcuts list "Empty" VARs where all content is hidden.

JayJayWon

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
JayJayWon
When file browsing for content such as Scenes, Presets and Scripts - the left hand shortcuts panel shows all VARs that contain content of the type being browsed for. However if all content of that type has been "hidden" then the shortcut to the VAR is still listed. When the shortcut is selected there is no content displayed in the main panel. As a result the list of shortcuts becomes unmanageable and essentially unusable (imho).

It is perhaps debatable whether this is a bug or a feature request. However, there is a proliferation of VARs that contain duplicates of content available in other VARs (i.e. the author has incorrectly packaged content that is not there own in the VAR). My understanding was that the "Hide" feature was introduced (at least in part to mitigate this problem). This works well for content that has its own dedicated content browser (e.g. clothing and hair). However it is not really allowing the browsing of content by shortcuts to be manageable.

I looked at fixing this, but it is not so simple of a fix to do without causing performance issues. The reason is it would currently require scanning all the potential shortcuts to look at all the files in them to see if they are hidden or not for what is being browsed for (json, jpg, vap, etc.). The way the shortcuts work now is it just looks to see if a given VAR file has a directory entry that matches (Saves/scene, Custom/Atom/Person/Clothing, etc.). Instead I'll need to add an enhancement to allow hiding full directories OR allow VAR content to selectively be enabled. I won't be able to look at this until 2.X. I'm moving this to the feature requests area.

I looked at fixing this, but it is not so simple of a fix to do without causing performance issues. The reason is it would currently require scanning all the potential shortcuts to look at all the files in them to see if they are hidden or not for what is being browsed for (json, jpg, vap, etc.). The way the shortcuts work now is it just looks to see if a given VAR file has a directory entry that matches (Saves/scene, Custom/Atom/Person/Clothing, etc.). Instead I'll need to add an enhancement to allow hiding full directories OR allow VAR content to selectively be enabled. I won't be able to look at this until 2.X. I'm moving this to the feature requests area.
OK understood. Thanks for looking at it. Definitely dont want it to get in the way of 2.x development!

I was able to get something that will work for now that will be in upcoming 1.20.1.6 release. I added ability to hide directories and shortCuts. Note that hiding a directory only hides the directory and not the files in it or anywhere below that hierarchy. For flattened browsing you have to hide the individual files (scenes, presets, etc.) still.

There are some more notes here on how to make it work to hide a specific shortcut:

Back
Top Bottom