Question Can i "magnet" an object to another object?

Waslikethem

Reactions
Seems like parenting isn't holding much an object, for example, hand holding the penis, it's just not working.
As soon as you move your hand everything collapsing

As soon as you move your hand everything collapsing
Who is moving whose hand and how is it moving?
Is the hand moved by animation (Timeline, AnimationPattern, IdlePoser, ...) or do you move it as a player via possession? Or do you move the penis as you are possessing/animating that character and you just want the hand of another character attached to it? Or maybe there is only a single character?
There are different approaches needed depending on what you want.

Upvote 0
The situation:
Male with gripping morphs on his Right hand holding his penis.
Penis base is the child of the male right hand (the hand is rhe parent), but when i move the hand, he's not really holding his penis, the penis do move with the right hand, but it's not good enough, if you move the hand a little bit much, the penis slips from the male hand and all the animation is breaking.. i need to connect the male hand with the penis in a way that no matter what, the penis wont slip away

Upvote 0
Trying to read between the lines here...

Your hand animation should be parented to the penis. Not the penis to hand or hand to penis.
I think you probably should do it like this. Note that this is best done in Desktop mode as you can select things more precisely than in VR.
  1. Add an AnimationPattern and add two AnimationsSteps:
    1. Have AnimationPatternStep1 parented to "penisBaseControl" (usually you would use the non-control one, but penis doesn't have that)
      • 1678526498687.png
    2. Have AnimationPatternStep2 parented to "penisTipControl"
  2. For the right hand, in it's "Physics" tab, set "Hold Position Spring" to something like 5000 or 10000. Set "Hold Rotation Spring" to 1000 or 2000. That makes the hand follow it's control more precisely.
  3. Pause the AnimationPattern
  4. Set the AnimationPattern to control rHandControl, e.g. via pressing "Select Receiver From Scene" and picking the hand.
  5. Now align AnimationPatternStep1 and 2:
    1. Make sure AnimationPattern "Currrent Position" slider is in the 0.00 position.
    2. Move AnimationPatternStep1 (not the hand!!!) so that the hand is placed nicely around the base of the penis. Make sure the hand doesn't push the rest of the body too much. You may have to open/close the penis grip morph.
    3. Optional: Select AnimationPatternStep2, go to the "Move" tab and press "Select Align To From Scene" at the bottom. Then select AnimationPatternStep1 or rHandControl. This is just to make sure AnimationPatternStep2 isn't super far away or badly rotated, so things won't explode on the next step.
    4. Move AnimationPattern "Currrent Position" slider to the 1.00 position (e.g. press the "+1 Sec" button)
    5. Move AnimationPatternStep2 (not the hand and not AnimationPatternStep1 !!!) so that the hand is placed nicely around the tip of the penis.
  6. Unpause the AnimationPattern
  7. Adjust speed as needed.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. I was sure parenting two joints will make them stick to each other no matter what. I was wrong. I will try this on the AnimationPattern

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom