Question Can collision targets be triggered by other person atoms in the scene?

Zenra

Reactions
As per the thread title, I cannot seem to get collision targets I set up in a scene to respond to proximity of part of a person atom, such as a hand. This applies to both discrete collision targets added and to the ones attached to person atoms, such as the lip trigger. I have collisions enabled for both person atoms - what else must I be missing?

If collision is enabled, it should just work.
Question:
There is a tab at the person's main menue, which displays the status of the different body triggers.
Does the green bars move while touching the trigger points?
The same for the collision trigger atoms, they have a green indicator bar at the top.
If they don't move, then there is something wrong (maybe only change the persons poses a bit).
But if they move, and your custom action is not starting, then you most likely have done something wrong with your action. In this case please double-check everything and especially the "condition term" like "play at once" or "queue" etc.. In my experience, the error often occurs in that part.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick (and thoughtful, as always!) reply. It seems I had the discrete collision target atom placed and sized such that it was already (and always) triggered by other overlapping items. Noob mistake and I have a better appreciation for where and when to use, and not to use, the discrete collision trigger.

Upvote 0
As I just wrote I have the collision trigger atom sorted but I am still having trouble with the Labia Trigger. Same scene and models, I generate a small sphere to use for testing. The lips, mouth, and breast triggers work, but I get no response around the Labia (no green indication in the Jaw Physics & Triggers interface, but vagina trigger works fine).

I am working on a scene in which I want to trigger verbal and other animated responses by the girl to the male character moving his hand to different places. Thanks to your help I am getting things to work nicely except for this one. I've tried moving the sphere all around the genital area, from anus to pelvis and into the vagina but get no response. Is there something special I might be missing about this trigger?

Upvote 0
No, AFAIK there is nothing special.
There are those two trigger at the vagina.
One at the entrance and one deeper in.
Sometimes it is just hard to get good results.
It is a bit of tinkering.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom