Branched Dialogue Template and Tutorial

Guides Branched Dialogue Template and Tutorial

Spacedog

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
Spacedogvam
Spacedog submitted a new resource:

Branched Dialogue Template and Tutorial - Branched Dialogue Template and Tutorial

This is a tutorial for my Branched Dialogue system I made for Space Force which you can check out here: https://www.reddit.com/r/VAMscenes/comments/gsh5zv/space_force_episode_1/

It supports 3 way conversations and unlimited branched storylines.

This system opened up a whole new world of possibilities for me so I wanted to share it with the community and do a proper tutorial. It is fully...

Read more about this resource...

When my response from Dialogue 1 is complete it does not give me the next dialogue 2. It never pops up. But if I tick it on, it does. any ideas?

is the animation pattern for Dialogue 1 doing something screwy like set to run at 0 speed? I'm not sure what else to suggest, try the default scene and see if that works for you?

is the animation pattern for Dialogue 1 doing something screwy like set to run at 0 speed? I'm not sure what else to suggest, try the default scene and see if that works for you?
I am just going to restart the process, Not much you can do if you aren't knee deep in the scene. If I fix it Ill report back :D

Okey so testing the actual default scene works, so I know its not that. I have tried making a scene from scratch. But when I start dialogue I press the first Button "UIbotton1" and then my two characters give there responses but after those fade i get no DialogueUIButton2 does not pop up.

Very strange. Are you merge loading the template to a new scene or are you building from the template itself?

Thank you so much for this! I have been trying to figure out how to create in VaM for months and this is the first template and tutorial that actually helped me! Do you know of any other resources that are similar? I love your work btw!
Hey thanks! I am currently working on a far more advanced version which I will be making a template and tutorial for as well, but it is still in active development so I'm not sure when that will be. You can see it in action in my Net Cafe and Christmas scenes if you want to check out how it works, but there have been some significant additions since then.

Hey thanks! I am currently working on a far more advanced version which I will be making a template and tutorial for as well, but it is still in active development so I'm not sure when that will be. You can see it in action in my Net Cafe and Christmas scenes if you want to check out how it works, but there have been some significant additions since then.
Excellent! I’ll dig into those scenes and see if I can figure anything out. I look forward to your next tutorial! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom