• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Best Method for Capture VR and Leap motion with timeline?

Luxi0r27

Reactions
Hola amigo (y),

To those who own a VR headset and a Leap motion Controller :

How do you animate the hands in motion capture with your VR headset and move the fingers with the Leap Motion?

I can't find the right method^^

First I animate with the headset all the movements ( hand movements, hip etc... )
Secondly, I replay all my animations to animate only the fingers without moving the hand movement, only the fingers with the Embody plugin (by configuring the leap motion only without hand movement, only fingers).

The problem is that you have to position the hand correctly in each second of the animation, otherwise the fingers don't do what I want...
And if I want to animate the fingers and hand movements at the same time, it looks like nothing, because animating everything at the same time with Embody isn't easy...

Do you have a good, easier method? Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Merci :)

Not sure what VR headset you have, you don't really need Leap Motion to animate fingers If you have quest 2/3.
You can animate hands and fingers at the same time using quest 2/3 using ALVR.
Sometimes its easier to record fingers first and then record hand later :unsure:

Upvote 0
I have the Quest 3.
I got a free Leap Motion V2 so I thought it was better than ALVR (never tested ALVR but I guess it's the same method with Embody?).

“Sometimes its easier to record fingers first and then record hand later”
So obvious that I didn't even think about it, it can actually be easier ^^

Upvote 0
I have the Quest 3.
I got a free Leap Motion V2 so I thought it was better than ALVR (never tested ALVR but I guess it's the same method with Embody?).

“Sometimes its easier to record fingers first and then record hand later”
So obvious that I didn't even think about it, it can actually be easier ^^
Yes, I use ALVR to connect and then use embody and timeline.
I think you could use Virtual desktop, it supports hand/fingers as well

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom