• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Benchmark Result Discussion

4090, i9 13900k on desktop and VR on a clean VAM install

Desktop
1666745465179.png

VR

1666745383964.png

Its interesting to note that with Steam VR motion smoothing on during play i get artifacting, especially on the menus, kind of a warbling. When its off i have no artifacting and no noticeable frame jitter. My old rig without motion smoothing was not an option unless i wanted to get motion sick (i7 8700, 2080).

Also of note is that my bloated install that runs on an external ssd benchmarked slightly better than clean install on C drive which is weird although the min and max are less stable.

Bloated VaM install running off external ssd:

1666752398688.png

Last edited:
Another fellow! Congratulations to this, in my eyes, phenomenal combo. We have around the exact same average, which is no surprise.
Coming from a 8700 and a 2080 this must have been a revelation for you, have fun with it :)
4090 is a VR beast.

4090, i9 13900k on desktop and VR on a clean VAM install

Desktop
View attachment 169258
VR

View attachment 169257
Its interesting to note that with Steam VR motion smoothing on during play i get artifacting, especially on the menus, kind of a warbling. When its off i have no artifacting and no noticeable frame jitter. My old rig without motion smoothing was not an option unless i wanted to get motion sick (i7 8700, 2080).

Also of note is that my bloated install that runs on an external ssd benchmarked slightly better than clean install on C drive which is weird although the min and max are less stable.

Bloated VaM install running off external ssd:

View attachment 169297
Thanks for sharing! The results are awesome!
Have you tried desktop mode in 4K resolution? wondering if the 4090 can push a scene with 2 person (long hair with physics) above 60 FPS.

Thanks for sharing! The results are awesome!
Have you tried desktop mode in 4K resolution? wondering if the 4090 can push a scene with 2 person (long hair with physics) above 60 FPS.
No i don't have a 4k monitor as i'm very VR focussed. I will get one at some stage tho.

I always get a message "Problems have been detected, it appears you are using a modified version of the benchmark". But I have a clean install, and downloaded exactly as described in the instructions. I also applied the official UserPreferences, without any success...

You really have to load the benchmark with the "load scene" button and maybe even go to the specific directory and load the scene.

AMD Ryzen7 5800X-3D
NVIDIA RTX4090
3200-C16 64GB
in desktop 2K
View attachment 165749
I need to figure out why my results are vastly different? Most recent GPU drivers and chipset drivers. I did upgrade from a 5800x to 5800x3D today but can't figure out why I'm losing so much performance.

The only difference I can see is Mobo and I'm running 32GB of C18 @ 3600MHz

Benchmark-20221029-232606.png

Life, money, VAM - choose two!
Too difficult to choose...
----------
How much 💰= 🎞❓
IF Life = 0️⃣ 🎞 OR Life NOT ≠ ❌ 🎞
AND 💰 ➖ Life = 💯
----------
4090 users be like:
What's the problem ⁉Obviously a trick question. :unsure:
IF Life=0
than Life+Money+VaM = Money+VaM

So Money and VaM is the correct choice. 🤣

Also VaM = 🎞 ➕ 🧻 = ♾️ 😊

Managed to get hold of a 4090. Quickly ran the benchmark @4K (Same configuration as before, only changed the GPU)
Also this time is not running with clean copy, will do benchmark again in clean copy later on.
Benchmark-20221101-065144.png

Too difficult to choose...
----------
How much 💰= 🎞❓
IF Life = 0️⃣ 🎞 OR Life NOT ≠ ❌ 🎞
AND 💰 ➖ Life = 💯
----------
4090 users be like:
What's the problem ⁉Obviously a trick question. :unsure:
IF Life=0
than Life+Money+VaM = Money+VaM

So Money and VaM is the correct choice. 🤣

Also VaM = 🎞 ➕ 🧻 = ♾️ 😊
Find the "Life is short" advertisement on Youtube and you know the correct answers! ;)

@ChounyuuBomb
Sorry I have to apologize and correct my statement on your results cause I saw right now that you quoted another result with the "same" system: I have no clue why your results differ that much from the other member.
Maybe @Artyom2033 did some "overclocking" on his 5800X3D? Or was it stock?
Huge difference there.

Yeah, Something is way off about your cpu. Physics timings are insane. Did you try going back to stock settings in your bios and all?

BIOS is updated and everything set to auto outside of DOCP for RAM which got my timings closer for CL18 memory. 5800x3D boost at most 4490MHz though I haven't tried using PBO2 Tuner or anything.

Apparently my gargantuan VAM folder size is to blame... 1440p results look closer to @Artyom2033 's after clean install of VAM

So like I ran the benchmark again w/ a fresh VAM install and only the benchmark scene installed and got this:
Benchmark-20221104-015043.png

5120x1417 (windowed lol) results:
Benchmark-20221104-043551.png

LeSIGH idk wtf I'm going to do w/ that 600GB folder of VAM but I need alldat 🤣

Last edited:
BIOS is updated and everything set to auto outside of DOCP for RAM which got my timings closer for CL18 memory. 5800x3D boost at most 4490MHz though I haven't tried using PBO2 Tuner or anything.

Apparently my gargantuan VAM folder size is to blame... 1440p results look closer to @Artyom2033 's after clean install of VAM

So like I ran the benchmark again w/ a fresh VAM install and only the benchmark scene installed and got this:
View attachment 172702

5120x1417 (windowed lol) results:
View attachment 172755

LeSIGH idk wtf I'm going to do w/ that 600GB folder of VAM but I need alldat 🤣
"VAMvarmanager" app to the rescue!

I received this result from a VR benchmark which seems good to me but I still see a lot of stuttering when using VAM, can never get a clear view above 50~ fps with ASW off. What can I do to increase my performance?

Attachments

• Benchmark-20221104-181230.png
    Benchmark-20221104-181230.png
    862.2 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom