Reactions
Website
www.syrinxo.com
Twitter
Syrinxo1
Patreon
Syrinxo
Syrinxo submitted a new resource:

Bastet, Egyptian Cat Goddess of Pleasure - She's got a flexible spine, a rough tongue, and she's the goddess of pleasure. It all adds up.

View attachment 343671Bastet is the goddess of protection, health, and pleasure - which makes sense, for a deity able to lick herself clean!

While the crocodile goddess Sobekka might manifest on sunlit dunes, Bastet is best known for prowling around temples at night. With her skin black and nearly invisible in the dark, she often carries a sistrum--an ancient design for a rattle--to warn devotees of her approach. They may then prostrate themselves appropriately when her...

Read more about this resource...

Wasn't expecting more than one egyptian god look, but I am definitely not complaining.

If you're planning to do any more might I suggest Hathor? She's a cow goddess of, among other things: Music, dance, beauty, sensuality, love, and motherhood. Very fitting for being created as a VaM look. Though if she'd end up too similar to Tauna Thunderchest it'd make sense to pass on her.

Wasn't expecting more than one egyptian god look, but I am definitely not complaining.

If you're planning to do any more might I suggest Hathor? She's a cow goddess of, among other things: Music, dance, beauty, sensuality, love, and motherhood. Very fitting for being created as a VaM look. Though if she'd end up too similar to Tauna Thunderchest it'd make sense to pass on her.
Awesome idea, thanks for the input! I'll definitely do some research and consider that. From a first look, her representation would be a very different mix of cow/human than a classic minotaur look. Tbh I was thinking about doing another bovine character anyway, so that counts in her favor.

All that said, I was originally planning to do a trio - Sobek, Bast, and Anubis. Anubis should be coming in a couple months. He's often portrayed as a very muscular dude for some reason, like a buff Doberman, but my gender-bent interpretation (for those interested, there will probably be a futa/male version) is going to be more in line with the classic mythology, where jackals were seen as clever, wise, and magical, so she'll be closer to slim, petite, and foxlike than the burly wolf or Doberman look. (Also, jackals aren't black-furred.)

Nothing stopping me from carrying on the series with Hathor, though! I do like that idea!

Awesome idea, thanks for the input! I'll definitely do some research and consider that. From a first look, her representation would be a very different mix of cow/human than a classic minotaur look. Tbh I was thinking about doing another bovine character anyway, so that counts in her favor.

All that said, I was originally planning to do a trio - Sobek, Bast, and Anubis. Anubis should be coming in a couple months. He's often portrayed as a very muscular dude for some reason, like a buff Doberman, but my gender-bent interpretation (for those interested, there will probably be a futa/male version) is going to be more in line with the classic mythology, where jackals were seen as clever, wise, and magical, so she'll be closer to slim, petite, and foxlike than the burly wolf or Doberman look. (Also, jackals aren't black-furred.)

Nothing stopping me from carrying on the series with Hathor, though! I do like that idea!
Wow, wasn't actually expecting to get a response let alone such an enthusiastic one. If you do end up making Hathor that would be awesome.

And I had a feeling you were gonna do an Anubis look, since he's arguably the most recognizable Egyptian god in pop culture. Getting 3 different versions for different tastes sounds great.

I love the model and textures. I'm having some issues, though. I'm using the latest version of VAM and CUAManager, but I can't get the tail to save when making a preset. All the other CUA will load save and load onto the model, but the tail isn't there to even there to attach to the pelvis like you say to do in the description. Any help would be much appreciated.

I love the model and textures. I'm having some issues, though. I'm using the latest version of VAM and CUAManager, but I can't get the tail to save when making a preset. All the other CUA will load save and load onto the model, but the tail isn't there to even there to attach to the pelvis like you say to do in the description. Any help would be much appreciated.
Hey, glad you like her! Thanks for saying!
The new updated VAR includes a new CUA with two tails - one for the original black fur, and one to match the new lighter skin. The CUA has the same name, though, so that could be causing confusion with the CUA Manager plugin, which is trying to load in an asset from a modified assetbundle.
So, in Syrinxo.Bastet.4.var\Custom\Scripts\Blazedust\CUAManager\presets\, there are two new presets for CUAManager. I'd make sure that all OLD versions of that are gone, for example if you saved any CUAManager presets in your own [VAM]\Custom\Scripts\Blazedust\CUAManager\presets\ folder. Using an old preset could cause this problem.
I will try to test soon to find out if there's something wrong with the new presets I included in the .4.var file, but hopefully if you can just get the right preset, it'll work.
As a backup, you can load the correct tail from the latest VAR, do the settings yourself, and make sure you come up with a unique name when you save it as a preset. Not to say that it will, but I can't imagine why that wouldn't work.

Very sorry for the bother, and thanks for asking - I hope this sorts it out for you. Stopper's amazing plugin really allows us to do so much more with CUAs, but it's really unfortunate that VAM isn't exactly taking it without complaining.

Back
Top Bottom