Atom Mover

Plugins Atom Mover

Is it possible to map an objects' X and Y rotation to the vr controller or joystick by any chance?

I'm more an animator than a coder, so i'm using plugins to get the ideas I have done with minimal manual coding XD so with that in mind, is mapping keys to rotation increments something i have to script? if so, are there any specific tutorials on how to do that with your plugin or in general? it will be hard to use this plugin a non -coder otherwise, perhaps adding the feature to map keys to some of the features would help a ton

Last edited:
Is it possible to map an objects' X and Y rotation to the vr controller or joystick by any chance?

I'm more an animator than a coder, so i'm using plugins to get the ideas I have done with minimal manual coding XD so with that in mind, is mapping keys to rotation increments something i have to script? if so, are there any specific tutorials on how to do that with your plugin or in general? it will be hard to use this plugin a non -coder otherwise, perhaps adding the feature to map keys to some of the features would help a ton

Hi! You may want to take a look at this: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/keybindings.4400/

It allows to move atoms by different inputs even without my plugin, but I haven't tried it and I don't know if it works with VR controllers.

Btw... I have an idea about this... but I can't promise nothing (and it will be a sort of workaround)...

Hi! You may want to take a look at this: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/keybindings.4400/

It allows to move atoms by different inputs even without my plugin, but I haven't tried it and I don't know if it works with VR controllers.

Btw... I have an idea about this... but I can't promise nothing (and it will be a sort of workaround)...
Hey, thanks! I’ve been suggested this plugin a few times but I haven’t really found how to bind keys to specific atoms, and the plugin that goes along with that atom ?

Hey, thanks! I’ve been suggested this plugin a few times but I haven’t really found how to bind keys to specific atoms, and the plugin that goes along with that atom ?
I'm sorry but I can't help on this. As I said I haven't tried it. However... I'm doing something but, I repeat, no promises at all and it will be a workaround... (when or if I'll be able to do it).

Can I use this to have an object just kind of wiggle in place? like a candle flame? x, y and z wiggle? and how do I set that up if it can?

Can I use this to have an object just kind of wiggle in place? like a candle flame? x, y and z wiggle? and how do I set that up if it can?

Try this... (see attachment).

You will need https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/logicbricks.1975/

I used Forces but you can do this also with control translation... and you can achieve similar results with just the MeshedVR CycleForce script that you can find in ...\Virt-A-Mate\Custom\Scripts\MeshedVR\CycleForce.cs.

If you use forces, remember to lower the value of "Hold Position Spring" in the "Physics Control" tab (see my setting in the scene).

Attachments

• Wiggle.json
    21.3 KB · Views: 0

I used Forces but you can do this also with control translation... and you can achieve similar results with just the MeshedVR CycleForce script that you can find in ...\Virt-A-Mate\Custom\Scripts\MeshedVR\CycleForce.cs.

If you use forces, remember to lower the value of "Hold Position Spring" in the "Physics Control" tab (see my setting in the scene).
Finally had a chance to try this. This should work. Thank you. Do you know if your plugin will work for lights? I couldn't get it to work with those.

Finally had a chance to try this. This should work. Thank you. Do you know if your plugin will work for lights? I couldn't get it to work with those.
Hi! I just tested with an InvisibleLight atom and ti works great. Indeed I also discovered that, unexpectedly, InvisibleLight atoms also have a RigidBody so that you can even use Forces on them.

Check if you receive any messages in the Error Log or Message Log when you load my plugin, and be more specific about which type of atom you are having problems with.

Also, remember that to use Forces\Torques the Atom's Physics option must be enabled (check the additional infos links in the plugin overview page).

Voithe updated Atom Mover with a new update entry:

HUB release 12 - Plugin version 1.5 - MOVEABLE LINKED ATOMS

All movements now works regardless of linked state:

This turned out to be more complex than what I thought at first but, now, you can use Atom Mover to move and rotate the Atom even if it's linked to another Atom. It seems stable but there is space for improvements and additional features.
I haven't tested this properly so... feel free to report any issue.

A VERY BIG THANK YOU to @everlaster for digging into this with me.

Rotation Control Sliders...

Read the rest of this update entry...

"Cannot find a valid LinkToConnector Transform" problem...

Hi!

The new Movable Linked Atom feature rises errors if you try to link the Atom on which you loaded Atom Mover to an Atom that is already a link target of other Atoms. Contrary to what I thought at first, this issue is very ugly and hard to solve but you can try to avoid it like this:

Instead of linking Atoms that way:
View attachment 410267

Link them that way:
View attachment 410268

I know it's not very nice and I'm not happy with this. I'll keep trying to...

HUB release 14 - Plugin version 1.54 - Separately stored Local\Global Values and more...

I planned to release this update later, there are a few things I wish I could have included in this update but, the Linked Atoms problem, popped out while I'm working so I choose to release this now to fix it.

Fixed errors rised by linking containingAtom to Atoms that are already link targets of other Atoms:
This was harder than expecterd but, with the unvaluable help of @everlaster, we managed to solve the problem. Hopefully once and for all.

The plugin will...

It seems the latest updates broke this method. Is there a newer one I should be using? It seems that only GLOBAL X, Y, Z position sliders are discoverable from the other plugin, which, while it works, locks you from being able to move the atom around in other ways. I can't seem to be able to get it to randomize the LOCAL X, Y, Z sliders (when they're checked/turned on.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom