Assetbundles and Duplicates in memory

thicbear

Reactions
Hey,

I'll do my best to describe what's going on but I'm getting log errors when checking assets out at the moment and I think it's got to do with them being identical inside the Assetbundle.

When I'm making assets, I tend to have Unity open and Vam open at the same time. I create an asset and then bundle it up and load it in Vam to check it out. I noticed that you can't override that .assetbundle so I increment the name. e.g. chair_01.assetbundle and chair_02.assetbundle.

I create a new unity asset so I can compare the 2 but the new file doesn't load and throws an error "!> Error during attempt to load assetbundle Custom/Assets/chair_02.assetbundle. Not valid"

I'm guessing this is because it's holding a duplicate in memory but I thought I would see if there are easy work arounds for this. Thank you.

VaM does not like updating bundles or multiple bundles containing something with an identical asset GUID. You need to clear all uses of the AssetBundle before putting in the new one. If it is just one CustomUnityAsset, use the Clear button there. Otherwise I recommend to switch to an empty scene (as that loads fast), update the bundle and then reload your scene.

Back
Top Bottom