Wanting to use VaM's custom material editor once assetbundles are imported into VaM

sinarach

Reactions
I'm an experienced technologist who's been using blender & unity to import my own custom assetbundles into VaM after following your guides.

To create a better experience, I'd like to implement VaM's material editor with my customUnityAssets so the community can alter the look of my assets. I've seen some VaM assets (such as this one) that lets users change the material once the asset has been loaded inside VaM, but I don't how how to do it myself. I haven't been successful in finding guides or resources anywhere on how to do this, while I've found most other VaM guides on my own.

I'd appreciate any leads on how to do this. I'm assuming It involve some custom scripting on my part.

custommaterials.jpg

I don't have any answers, but I'm looking to do something like this too.

Have you tried unpacking the scooter you linked and looking at the scripting? I don't have enough coding experience to make sense of it myself.

Last edited:
There is a plugin named AssetVamifier or something like that. Just put it on your CUA. Note that AFAIK it switches shader materials you setup for your CUA in Unity to use VaM's shaders instead. That has various up- and downsides.
There is also a "MultiAssetVamifier" plugin by a different author that can handle multiple materials at once.

There is a plugin named AssetVamifier or something like that. Just put it on your CUA. Note that AFAIK it switches shader materials you setup for your CUA in Unity to use VaM's shaders instead. That has various up- and downsides.
There is also a "MultiAssetVamifier" plugin by a different author that can handle multiple materials at once.

Vamifier does exactly what I need aside from not being able to handle multiple materials individually. Sadly the author of MultiAssetVamifier didn't have time to make the colorize function work in his version. From the plugin description:
It does not include the "Colorize" function (I couldn't get this working and didn't have time to keep at it, but I left the relevant code there and commented out. If anyone wants to have a go at it, please do! :D).

ColorScale seems to be the way to go. Personally I've just had trouble figuring out what I'm doing wrong with my asset to make it pickup the different materials. Might be a case of RTFM.

Back
Top Bottom