How to import .obj in to VAM?

ekaterina2060

Reactions
I have some custom assets in .obj format that I want to import into VAM. I've looked at many guides and its not clear at all how to get an .obj into an assetbundle. I'm willing to pay if someone can write a guide or a plugin.

I have some custom assets in .obj format that I want to import into VAM.

this might help

For obj myself I had problems with textures and I converted them to fbx first.
To do that you can open the obj in Blender, Export as .fbx, and make sure to set Path Mode like this: Copy & toggle the icon next to it.
1697309827863.png

With the fbx if you still have textures problems you might be able to solve them by selecting the .fbx in the Project tab, and in the Inspector tab for it, in Materials click the Extract Textures & Extract Materials buttons.
1697311048535.png

With obj files directly I think you have to add the textures files separately, create the materials yourself and add them manually. I don't know unity and myself had problems with that, the fbx approach worked most of the times.

Idk if it's covered in that video or if it's the right way to do it, but you can also add collision to the object quickly by selecting the object (or object parts that need collision) and adding this component:

1697310351508.png

I have some custom assets in .obj format that I want to import into VAM. I've looked at many guides and its not clear at all how to get an .obj into an assetbundle. I'm willing to pay if someone can write a guide or a plugin.
Try this guide :

Back
Top Bottom