• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Solved Approaches to animating cameras

Sirrah

Reactions
I'm sure this information is here, but I haven't found it and of course every week brings new cool plugins. I'm looking for recommendations and tutorials for animating or smoothy controlling a camera, specifically for recording videos using Eosin's VRRender or OBS.

Methods I can think of include traditional VAM animation, Timeline, Miscreated Reality's Pose Camera, and I've seen animation using Embody in some recent scenes (e.g. that amazing Cuddles/VamTimbo collaboration). I imagine there are even more ways to do this.

I've got years of experience animating in Maya and other tools like that, but I'm a noob when it comes to VAM animation. So I'm hoping for "here's the best way with the latest options and here's a tutorial". But I'll take any advice! TIA.

Solution
There is a 2-parter regarding recording video among my tutorials here:

It does not cover animating that much since, as you already guessed, you can just animate the WindowCamera with the usual animation solutions (AnimationPattern, VaM Timeline, Timeline plugin, Mocap, ...). However, it does cover various other things you want to be aware of, including tricks to smoothen the animation if you using motion capture. (Kind of like you would use a professional steady-cam rig for your camera)
I started with 3dsMax and keyframes, i use timeline and make a 60 second loop and keyframes at 5-10 second movement. Just move +5sec set the window camera and repeat. When done press M to get the window camera and record with obs or equal video software

Upvote 0
There is a 2-parter regarding recording video among my tutorials here:

It does not cover animating that much since, as you already guessed, you can just animate the WindowCamera with the usual animation solutions (AnimationPattern, VaM Timeline, Timeline plugin, Mocap, ...). However, it does cover various other things you want to be aware of, including tricks to smoothen the animation if you using motion capture. (Kind of like you would use a professional steady-cam rig for your camera)

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom