Question any way to tweak mesh points/ create morphs

Pan's ex

Reactions
I am wondering about the simplest/ most efficient way to create morphs or otherwise modify figure meshes... In DAZ studio for example you can send meshes to Zbrush to create a morph to help with the unrealistic shoulder and elbow bends. Any thoughts on workflow?

There's exporting as obj from Daz to blender and back in Daz and then to VaM: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/how-to-use-blender-to-sculpt.2302/
Be sure to both import and export the obj with "Keep Vertex Order" option in blender, there's no fixing it if you forget. (there _may be_, but it's pretty damn convoluted). For simpler morphs it's very straightforward.

As for corrective joint morphs, you can export a posed figure as obj and import that to blender so you can properly see what you're correcting. I'm pretty sure there's options in Morph Loader Pro in Daz for applying an already posed obj to a figure with the same pose. I don't know what they are precisely, but at least I think it's the right direction to look into. This for example
seems relevant, even though it's for clothes.

Zbrush will also probably work and is integrated into daz with some plugins, iirc, but I don't believe there's HD morph support in virtamate, so you'd have to make sure you're morphing at base level. I don't know how to do this at all, but I think it's very possible. However, learning blender is always a plus afaik.

Upvote 0
There's exporting as obj from Daz to blender and back in Daz and then to VaM: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/how-to-use-blender-to-sculpt.2302/
Be sure to both import and export the obj with "Keep Vertex Order" option in blender, there's no fixing it if you forget. (there _may be_, but it's pretty damn convoluted). For simpler morphs it's very straightforward.

As for corrective joint morphs, you can export a posed figure as obj and import that to blender so you can properly see what you're correcting. I'm pretty sure there's options in Morph Loader Pro in Daz for applying an already posed obj to a figure with the same pose. I don't know what they are precisely, but at least I think it's the right direction to look into. This for example
seems relevant, even though it's for clothes.

Zbrush will also probably work and is integrated into daz with some plugins, iirc, but I don't believe there's HD morph support in virtamate, so you'd have to make sure you're morphing at base level. I don't know how to do this at all, but I think it's very possible. However, learning blender is always a plus afaik.

Thanks so much Urukyay, I will give it a try.

Upvote 0
Yes, ZBrush works great, too. I use the "send to ZBrush" function all the time (only works with newer ZBrush versions, otherwise you have to manually export/import the mesh by hand, which is only some clicks more). Yust be sure to not use functions which adds vertices to the mesh, as this will make DAZ import impossible. DAZ to VaM is the same like Blender. As you ask me, I found it a bit easier to quickly add some geometry deformations, than using blender.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom