Any way to recover presets from a .vamcachemeta file or anything like that?

owlsanddogs

Reactions
Hello,

I accidentally deleted a couple of custom presets that seem to be gone forever.

Is there any way to recover the preset from the cache file or any work around?

Thanks!

If you have no scene that includes the preset, as MacGruber said, you may be able to recover the files from the Windows Trash Bin, or with using a file recovering tool, like you would do it if you accendentialy have erased your photos from your last holyday trip.
It is not trivial and time consumpting to recover deleted files if they are not in the Waste Bin anymore, but sometimes it is still possible. I did this several times myself (especially for my former chief at work, lol). Please use Google to find the right shareware tool for you, but do search for a tool that does not only recover certain file types like pictures or mp3.
I am sorry for what was happening to you! A nightmare! If those presets weren't that important to you, you maybe want to call it a day, and do a backup of all your presets, looks and stuff that are still left. This is exactly what I will do right now after reading this ;-)

Thanks all, I appreciate the help! I'll look into it further and see if I can find it anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom