Any way to download the default VaM skin textures?

Jocks3D

Reactions
Patreon
callanscott
I'd like to download and unpack some of the default skin textures that come with VaM but I can't seem to find them in any of the folders. Is this even possible and if so where are they?

My reason for doing this is to use some of the non-white VaM skin textures as the base textures in FaceGen for African American and Hispanic looks I'm trying to create. Using the generic VaM texture files that are available in the Textures folder (which are Caucasian) inside FG and then adding these exported files on to one of the template ethnic skins in VaM does not seem to work great. I think I'd get better results if I could use the VaM ethnic template skins as the basis for my looks within FG. I would then apply them to the same ethnic texture in VaM, getting a better skin tone match.

I'd like to download and unpack some of the default skin textures that come with VaM but I can't seem to find them in any of the folders. Is this even possible and if so where are they?
For legal reasons you can't upack them and nobody is gonna tell you how to do it.
They are licensed (also paid) content. But... you can buy them for personal use only.

-all female 01-17 looks/skins/morphs (incl. custom female) are from daz3d store
-all Ren skins/looks are available on his patreon (as paid looks)
More info:

My advice would be to start with a Vam addon package that you can unpack. The free skins by @Riddler are excellent. They are licensed as CC BY. His Skin 8 would be a good starting point for AA and Hispanic female looks. If you push Skin 8 a lot darker, you should lighten the palms and soles for realism.

Sorry, I did not know they were licensed. I guess I thought that since there is a free version of VaM the textures might be available.

Also, I was looking for the male textures. I found the Darius model for sale on the Daz site but it's kind of pricey at $45. I don't suppose anyone has ever created or found a free version?

Sorry, I did not know they were licensed. I guess I thought that since there is a free version of VaM the textures might be available.

Also, I was looking for the male textures. I found the Darius model for sale on the Daz site but it's kind of pricey at $45. I don't suppose anyone has ever created or found a free version?
If you have an account at Daz, you can put things on a wishlist. Things go on sale all the time. You have to check back yourself, as they don't send you notifications. Renderosity does send out wishlist notifications. Even so, all commercial texture sets are licensed such that you cannot publish them yourself unless it is impossible to extract them from the game. That's exactly what MeshedVR did. That's what the interactive licenses are for. Merchant resources also have license issues. This has been discussed here before. Your best bet is starting with something licensed FC or CC BY you can get here. You may be able to work out a deal with some of the creators here who sell on Patreon to use their items. If it's just for your own use, and not to publish, buy whatever you like and have at it. I already owned the Monique6 character from Daz when I started with Vam. I made some local variations like a shaved version and a futa,

Male Genesis2 textures will work as-is, including the gens. Not so for the females. The gens are different, but can be generated from a 4Kx4K torso texture. Dark ones take some fiddling. Converting non-G2 textures takes some effort and special workflows.

Thanks @SlimerJSpud. I'm finding that I can make an African American male in FaceGen with the base male textures and then use Photoshop Elements to refine the look. It's a little time consuming but probably the best way to go for now.

Back
Top Bottom