Any Ancient Roman Female and Male Clothing and Assets like a Roman Temple / Baths available anywhere?

Lione

Reactions
I cannot find anything regarding ancient Roman Female and Male Clothings ( Toga, White Tunic, Short Chiton like this

1624100185446.png

Loin Cloth,Sandals etc ... ) and Assets anywhere for VAM.

Is there any resource regarding Roman Clothing for VAM available like these ( example )

Could i convert such a 3D Model Asset to vam ?
It comes in

in 3D Models / Buildings and Architecture / Buildings
3D File Formats Included: .fbx (multi format), .max (3ds Max), .obj (multi format), Geometry: Polygons, Poly Count: 1855476

but there is no info about Textures included or not.

and clothings lile

Last edited:
A Matt Richards already said, it is relatively easy to convert DAZ environments to Unity to VaM, if you are somewhat used to 3D software. In DAZ just build up a scene like usual, then export it 1:1 as .FBX and Import it in (free) Unity according to some VaM step-by-step-tutorials.
There are afaik many people around doing this, but DAZ stuff is strongly copyright protected. So you won't find them be shared legaly.
I can only encourage everyone abled and interested to try it out. It is somewhat time consumpting, but (mostly) fun to do.
IMHO converting Gen8 clothes to Gen2 to VaM is a pain in the ass, but somewhat doable when following the tutorials. For me the easiest way to do it by purchasing automatic DAZ plugins for using G8 clothes on G3 and for using G3 on G2. Then fit the clothes to every generation and save it and fit again till G2.

Last edited:
Hi thx a lot to both of you :)

@TToby

If i buy that ClothingConvert Plugins means I can load up any GEN 8 Cloths on a Gen 8 Base Model open the G8 to G3 Plugin and it opens a G3 with the Clothings on and then next step klick G3 to G2 and it magically moves the cloths to a Gen 2 and i can remove the Base Gen 2 Model then and export yes ?

Dreaming ....

;D

BTW this Asset

Can i be sure it contains the Texures and water Tech if its FBX ?
Its not even expensive and looks amazing especially Picture two

Thx a lot Matt :)

The Pic looks so nice.
So regarding the Asset i will buy it and try the Youtube Guide with Unity to vam and then i will jump on the Water animation ;D
Also beauty

Actually regarding Roman Ancient clothing i cannot find any GEN 2 Sets only GEn8.
So my hopes are all in TToby telling me that it works exactly as i imagine using the DAZ Pay Clothing Converters.
He is under high preassure now i guess ;)

Last edited:
@Lione Indeed ;)

The automatic DAZ clothing conversion I mentioned is done simply by autofitting clothes to DAZ figures.
If you open up a Genesis 3 figure in DAZ and then add a G2 clothing item to it, DAZ will try to autofit it to the figure with a so called autofit clone. You can also click on a DAZ clothing item and choose "fit to" in the menu that will open up. The following menu is asking you to which body part the clothing item should be fitted and which Genesis generation it is originally made for. Per default there is a G2 autofit clone included with G3 (G2 to G3), but you can purchase and install other autofit clones, for instance G3 to G2 or male to female... aso.
If you install them, you can simply autofit clothes to G2 and chose G3 as origin.
Though, the results are not always perfect. some difficult clothes may have some few issues.

If I had converted some few G8 clothes to G2, I Installed autofit clones G8 for G3 and then I went the long way by first autofitted the G8 clothes to G3 saved the scene and then I autofitted the clothes on the G3 figure to G2.
Afaik there is a tutorial around here to directly fit them from G8 to G2, but I did not have tried this till now (you may want to read that before buying stuff).
If you want to convert between female and male, you have to do one fitting step more and maybe install an other autofit clone (I have them all installed for years, so I do not know exactly which one to choose, and what is included in which package).

If you google search for "DAZ3d autofit clone genesis 3 to genesis 2", you will get quite some hits.
I am saying this, because I have only a little experience in Genesis 8 stuff, because in my DAZ days, I was mainly using G3 for years, for which I had purchased a lot of stuff... and then VaM came out. ;)

This is the G3 to G2 autofit clone I am using:

For G8 to G3 i have used this:

but some say this should be somewhat better?
+ plus the male counterpart.

There are other useful autofit clones around for legacy shapes aso, like the "wear them all" series, where you can use and autofit clones from other DAZ shapes as well, or G3 male to G3 female, aso.

Happy crossdressing ;)

Edit: So Genesis 8 uses some new clothing features like clothes wrapping and a "A-Pose" instead of a "T-Pose", converting clothes from Genesis 8 to older figures is somewhat extra difficult and may not be as good as G3 to G2, which is quite easy.

Last edited:
Thx so much TToby for the Feedback and the Resources :)

This is so helpful.

I will try this and hopefully succeed haha.

Greetings

Back
Top Bottom