Are there any golfing assets and or golfing clothing?

Yeah unfortunately I dont have the time to port over assets. to much irl stuff to balance. Is there an easy way to port assets?
Basic assets are really quick and easy to do in unity with the Sketchfab plugin for unity. It only starts to take time when your having to make new materials and baking lighting etc. For just a quick driver or putter import it would take no more than a couple of minutes once your setup.

Basic assets are really quick and easy to do in unity with the Sketchfab plugin for unity. It only starts to take time when your having to make new materials and baking lighting etc. For just a quick driver or putter import it would take no more than a couple of minutes once your setup.
I wish I knew how to do that but I feel overwhelmed. lol

I know this all feel overwhelming as its all new but its really not difficult to learn at all and I personally know people who were scared for years and when they finally bit the bullet the reaction was why the fuck didn't I do this years ago it's so easy. goddammit!!!!

The way I learned all this was via a few guides.

MacGruber made an excellent written guide with a sample asset tutorial and pre configured for vam project to just drop in unity and use - https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/unity-assetbundles-for-vam-1-xx.167/

If you like videos JLFN made a youtube vid that covers everything from start to finish -

Then theres Hazmhox' ultimate asset bundle guide which goes over the finer points on how to best optimise and organise etc - pay special attention to section 6 which explains updating the unity shadow library as this is crucial for vams ligthing system so that shadows work correctly - https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/the-definitive-asset-creation-tutorial-for-vam.16753/

The sketchfab plugin for unity is here - https://github.com/sketchfab/unity-plugin/releases - you will want version 1.1.1 and this just gets merged into your unity project folder, log in to sketchfab pick a model and hit import and add to scene done!

If you get into any trouble the fine folks here or on the main discord will be more than happy to help out!

If you want anything in the short term pop me the sketchfab link and il happily indulge!

J

why is golf so popular these days?!

If you're trying to do an actual golf game, I think you'll have trouble with the physics for that.
I remember trying it a while ago but the physics would make the club go through the ball no matter what

why is golf so popular these days?!

If you're trying to do an actual golf game, I think you'll have trouble with the physics for that.
I remember trying it a while ago but the physics would make the club go through the ball no matter what
Awesome! Thanks for doing this. I dont play much golf other than the occasional driving range but ive always wanted to see what VAM can do with a golf course.

ive always wanted to see what VAM can do with a golf course.

I'm afraid not much due to the physics which will not be good enough to simulate hits. But yeah, if that worked VAM would be amazing as a sandbox for mini golf courses

Back
Top Bottom