Question After getting a scene on hub, can I then get a look from the characters and modify it?

cobsmergz

Reactions
I'm still learning the lingo, too; I have downloaded a scene from hub & would like to take one of the characters and modify them. (Is that called a "look"- the appearance of a model?)

Is this possible? Thanks!

Yes! Load the scene, select the person control, and change whatever you want! If you come up with something you'd like to keep, go to the "appearance preset" tab, enter a name for your new model and save the preset. Then that preset is available to load onto any model in any scene.

Upvote 0
Yes! Load the scene, select the person control, and change whatever you want! If you come up with something you'd like to keep, go to the "appearance preset" tab, enter a name for your new model and save the preset. Then that preset is available to load onto any model in any scene.

Brilliant, thanks!

So an "appearance" is the same as a "look," and both of those mean a character / model, right?

And that's different from a "scene," which is model + pose/movement + environment.... I think this is starting to make sense :) Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Appearance and look are similar, but not quite the same. "looks" are loaded from the control&physics! tab, and wwere the original way to save models. They have been replaced by appearance presets (which have their own tab).

All the different save types are definitely confusing. Here is a breakdown of what they all save.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom