Advanced Pathfinding System & Joystick control & Advanced scene interaction (PlayerEdition) Beta

Plugins Advanced Pathfinding System & Joystick control & Advanced scene interaction (PlayerEdition) Beta

PluginIdea

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
PluginIdea submitted a new resource:

AdvancedPathfindingSystem(PlayerEdition) - Efficient and accurate pathfinding system for VAM. Strong expansibility and perfect compatibility wi

View attachment 386336

View attachment 386345

(Important) Description of Player Edition:
The Player Edition has complete functions and does not affect the normal use effect. In other words, for example, a creator used this plug-in to create a scene for players to play. Players only need to download this Player Edition to experience all the effects brought by this plugin in the scene, without any...

Read more about this resource...

I've been trying to do something similar for a long time, thank you. I hope you will develop and improve this plugin, this is what need in vam

I was also trying to come up with some kind of trigger so that when you click on a certain place, the character would interact with it by touching it. but this remains a concept because it is too complicated without such a plugin

I was also trying to come up with some kind of trigger so that when you click on a certain place, the character would interact with it by touching it. but this remains a concept because it is too complicated without such a plugin
That sounds more like a combination of navigation and animation, use this plugin to navigate your character to the location and then create an animation to interact with the object. It's more work but nothing good in life is free.

I haven't tried the plugin out just yet but is there a way, and if not could you possibly add a way, to rotate the character in the middle of/at the end of a navigation cycle? For example, the character walks up beside a table and turns to face it.

EDIT: Also, does this plugin support VR use? Could a user point and click with their VR controllers to set navigation points?

I haven't tried the plugin out just yet but is there a way, and if not could you possibly add a way, to rotate the character in the middle of/at the end of a navigation cycle? For example, the character walks up beside a table and turns to face it.

EDIT: Also, does this plugin support VR use? Could a user point and click with their VR controllers to set navigation points?
At present, there is no function of path point setting.But it already has the function of aiming in a certain direction after reaching the destination.
At present, the functions under VR mentioned by you have not been added.But there is no doubt that this feature will be added in the future.

Hey o have two questions, wasn’t sure if this is what I need but so far it’s pretty awesome and the closest thing to what I’m looking for!

1. When using custom animations.. can l use my own animations in timeline or do they have to be imported?

2. Is it possible to move the character using the joystick, or have this options in the foreseeable future ? I want to be able to control the character this way as opposed to setting a way point or making it follow an object

Hey o have two questions, wasn’t sure if this is what I need but so far it’s pretty awesome and the closest thing to what I’m looking for!

1. When using custom animations.. can l use my own animations in timeline or do they have to be imported?

2. Is it possible to move the character using the joystick, or have this options in the foreseeable future ? I want to be able to control the character this way as opposed to setting a way point or making it follow an object
1. At present, it is necessary to import,You may be able to use timeline animation directly in the future.
2. It is planned to add joystic support in future updates.Also consider adding a path editor.

1. At present, it is necessary to import,You may be able to use timeline animation directly in the future.
2. It is planned to add joystic support in future updates.Also consider adding a path editor.
Nice! Is there a place I can see a timeline for the goals on this plugin? A trello? If not, do you have an idea when they might be? Currently working on a crazy vam game idea that would need joystick support and custom animations I’m working on

Last edited:
Nice! Is there a place I can see a timeline for the goals on this plugin? A trello? If not, do you have an idea when they might be? Currently working on a crazy vam game idea that would need joystick support and custom animations I’m working on
There is no specific timetable at present.But the joystick and the handle setting destination under vr are under development.Maybe in the next few weeks.

this looks like a great job! wow! props to you! This is a feature that VaM is sorely missing and I am hoping VaM2 addresses native walking/locomotion/pathfinding into its core system so creators can spend their time making awesome things instead of trying to fix the game.

Something I'd recommend is you should be able to just drop mixamo or whatever other animations you want to use into a specified folder and the plugin just finds/uses them.

requiring to build an assetbundle in unity is just a real headache that I don't see people wanting to do. I certainly dont.

also, how does this plugin play with existing timeline animations?

for example, say I have an animation of the character sitting down in a chair, then another idle animation for when they are in the chair.

if I wanted to use this plugin to move the character around the environment, with specific triggers at various locations to play whatever timeline animation I'm looking for, does it support that? because it looks like this plugin takes control of the person atom as well as all its controllers. does it enable/disable itself in order to use existing timeline animations?

example order of operations....

girl standing in middle of the room -> walk over to chair using this plugin via trigger (voice command / button) -> character walks over to the chair -> play timeline animation of character sitting down in chair which transitions to chair idle animation.

does it do that?

this looks like a great job! wow! props to you! This is a feature that VaM is sorely missing and I am hoping VaM2 addresses native walking/locomotion/pathfinding into its core system so creators can spend their time making awesome things instead of trying to fix the game.

Something I'd recommend is you should be able to just drop mixamo or whatever other animations you want to use into a specified folder and the plugin just finds/uses them.

requiring to build an assetbundle in unity is just a real headache that I don't see people wanting to do. I certainly dont.

also, how does this plugin play with existing timeline animations?

for example, say I have an animation of the character sitting down in a chair, then another idle animation for when they are in the chair.

if I wanted to use this plugin to move the character around the environment, with specific triggers at various locations to play whatever timeline animation I'm looking for, does it support that? because it looks like this plugin takes control of the person atom as well as all its controllers. does it enable/disable itself in order to use existing timeline animations?

example order of operations....

girl standing in middle of the room -> walk over to chair using this plugin via trigger (voice command / button) -> character walks over to the chair -> play timeline animation of character sitting down in chair which transitions to chair idle animation.

does it do that?
Of course it is supported.Otherwise, this project is of little significance.In addition, I suggest that you should read the introduction and demonstration of plug-ins in detail.These are all reflected.This is for creators. I can't provide all the animations.The demand is infinite.The most flexible solution is to replace it by themselves.

PluginIdea updated Advanced Pathfinding System(PlayerEdition) Beta with a new update entry:

Lots of new features and functional improvements.

This update has brought a lot of improvements and new features:

View attachment 391638

Most importantly, for you to use this plug-in better. I have written detailed instructions for this plug-in (the plug-in is still under active development and may be modified at any time). If you are going to use this plug-in, be sure to check it out: AdvancedPathfindingSystem Wiki (github.com)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi. Click-through doesn't work for me. As it is written in the instructions, hold down the left alt and click on the floor with the mouse. But there is no movement. The debug mode is enabled in the plugin. The surface is defined. But there is no movement. Only moving to a specific object

Hi. Click-through doesn't work for me. As it is written in the instructions, hold down the left alt and click on the floor with the mouse. But there is no movement. The debug mode is enabled in the plugin. The surface is defined. But there is no movement. Only moving to a specific object
Is alt+ middle mouse button.

Does this work with non-player atoms and CUA's?
I'd like to animate an airplane, flying in a path (on a loop). Is this possible with this plugin?

I know that timeline can do this - but I like the idea of being able to see visually the path and the navigation points.

Does this work with non-player atoms and CUA's?
I'd like to animate an airplane, flying in a path (on a loop). Is this possible with this plugin?

I know that timeline can do this - but I like the idea of being able to see visually the path and the navigation points.
Unfortunately, it is not supported.This is specially designed for characters.

Can this be used just to record a walk animation into timeline, and then remove this plugin afterwards to save resources? I'm hoping to use this just to record someone walking from one place to another, as walking animations take forever to do manually.

Can this be used just to record a walk animation into timeline, and then remove this plugin afterwards to save resources? I'm hoping to use this just to record someone walking from one place to another, as walking animations take forever to do manually.
Yes, you can do a test.

PluginIdea updated Advanced Pathfinding System(PlayerEdition) Beta with a new update entry:

Handle motion control, more complex scene interaction

Contains a lot of updates. This update will add several important functions to make VAM closer to a real game:

1. The Joystick or keyboard direction keys will be able to control the characters to walk freely. And quite smooth.
Of course, you can freely replace the animation of walking.

2. Characters can interact with the scene in a more complicated way. You can grab and carry objects, and interact with objects in the scene and trigger Timeline animation (such as sitting in a seat).

3. You...

Read the rest of this update entry...

For the joystick support, are there variable speeds? I need my character to walk but also run. Is this possible? And is the running smooth if so?

You need to replace the custom animation. Please see the instructio ns provided for details.
Just to clarify im referring to the movement speed, not the animations. I have a run animation, but I want to be sure that the atom can also move at the speed I want it to move

Just to clarify im referring to the movement speed, not the animations. I have a run animation, but I want to be sure that the atom can also move at the speed I want it to move
You can specify a custom speed.But I want to make it clear that if your animation has its own displacement, the default form can ensure that the speed matches perfectly(You need to set the premise animation strictly according to the instructions.).

But as I said before,You can also customize the speed.Then you match it manually.Please read the instructions for details.

Back
Top Bottom