Move Control 1.0

Plugins Move Control 1.0

wgsoup

Featured Contributor
Reactions
wgsoup submitted a new resource:

Move Control 1.0 - Control Atom's position and rotation

I use this plugin in my scenes to control Atoms position/rotation through sliders and actions.

Plugin Controls:
- Axis Min/Max controls: Limits the Atom position
- Axis Min/Max (loop): Whenever the Atom hits the limit, it spawns at the opposite size
- Axis position: Set Atom position on a specific axis
- Axis rotation: Set Atom rotation on a specific axis
- Axis position increment: Position increments constantly by the amount set on a specific axis
- Axis rotation increment: Position...

Read more about this resource...

@wgsoup
Thanks for this awesome plugin. Definitely needed for some control over atom movements in animations.

I had a question about how the plugin tracks and limits movement. I'm trying to limit an atom from going below a certain limit (say floor), and then come back up. The issue is the atom is linked to another atom which moves it, but when it becomes free to move, the original position linking alignment is changed. Attaching a short video below to show the issue. I'm looking to maintain the same height for both atoms when I move them up again.

Might be too niche of a case to devote time, but I'd appreciate if you can take a look.

hi, thank you for your comment. the plugin is only blocking the prop from moving beyond the floor, it's the linking that is moving it. a solution might be to attach the plugin to both without linking and use a slider to change the y position of both objects. this way you can be sure they will keep the same height.

Thanks! Just tried another idea based on your suggestion that worked.

So the real case I was trying to use this was to have a Light Rig subscene, with lights linked to the subscene. But I wanted to limit the movement of the lights so they don't go out of bounds into the ground, walls etc in the environment. So I wanted to maintain the relative position of parent atom and linked atom.

I tried using the RubberLeash plugin to link atoms instead and that maintains the relative alignment after it is limited by MoveControl.

Back
Top Bottom