Question About Person Atom's Texture Gamma

Orange*Gumi

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
twitter.com
Twitter
OrangeGumixxx
I was creating skin textures in SubstancePainter and had a question.
How is the texture input gamma handled in VaM?
In general DCC tools, DiffuseMap is sRGB, and other textures such as Normal, Specular, Glossiness are Liner.

Also, do the offset sliders such as DiffuseTextureOffset in the Skin Material2 tab of VaM add/subtract the RGB values of the textures?
Or are they changing the gamma?

I am wondering because the PersonAtom shaders in VaM are different from the Unity standard ones.

I don't know for certain, but I think the Diffuse texture offset effects RGB by blending it with a plain white or plain black output. I think that diffuse gamma is handled globally in the scene lighting settings by the 'Global Illum Diffuse Intensity' slider.

Upvote 0
I don't know for certain, but I think the Diffuse texture offset effects RGB by blending it with a plain white or plain black output. I think that diffuse gamma is handled globally in the scene lighting settings by the 'Global Illum Diffuse Intensity' slider.
Hi, Origin69.
Thanks for your reply. As you said, the Diffuse texture offset adds/subtracts to/from black or white, just like "Lerp" in ShaderGraph.

I assume that "Global Illum Diffuse Intensity" is not the input gamma of the texture, but a factor that is multiplied by the addition of the diffuse map and the global illumination lighting.

I think I'm starting to understand a little more about the rendering structure of VaM's Person Atom.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom