about my Reverb G2 microphones feedback with vamX VR (AI)chat

keycode

Reactions
... was testing (vamX VR) AI voice chat with reverb g2 : personally I think it's better to set this headset VR runtime to wmr default settings also to get an easy feedback with reverb (stereo!) microphones. An early attempt with the option "[fucking] steamVR" runtime default was not immediately successful (microphone was not even detected even if my win11 Realtek drivers are all updated, even after checking everything, restarting my system and also after "cleaning" vam cache with the following vam-loading pause, when the program needs to rebuild the related cached files).

The reverb microphones are specifically detected by windows 11 as "standard USB audio input device" through that usual Realtek motherboard integrated device if you have no extra/external sound card.

my 1 hour fun, playing with vamX voice chat:

... (from Italy) no need to set european server, the answer from AI virtual-girl voice-model (in the vamX listed voices was that "Virgin" model ) was optimal, relatively fast (just some seconds) and (relatively) coherent. I have to admit that I was not trusting that everything could work without issues. I insist to say at eventual benefit for my reverb g2 mates : did you ever try to leave VR settings to the default WMR runtime?? the difference is huge even with vam animations (it seems wmr is giving less compatibility issues -read: no issues at all !- even with vam physics).

in the end it was a funny experience... I could use a very low voice volume when saying things (with 100% mic input power) , but the virtual "answer" from (vam-x?) connected server was very fast and "related" as if I was using a normal voice sound volume. That's important for privacy if you live in a flat with neighbours.

ps: now I can wait for the next progress about AI and voice chat. Closing my experience with voice chat and vam X AI quite satisfied about reverb g2 technical feedback. I hope @via5 would give us an update to its free cue plugin too.

Good luck to vamX team.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom