Question 2 sky Boxes?

virtamater

Reactions
I've been messing around with transparencies in some of my recent sky boxes... I wanted to layer them in a way that I'd have an outer space skybox and a terrain skybox that had the sky alphad out to see the sky one.. I wanted to try this because I thought it be neat to put some of my planets in between the layers so when the planets would go below the horizonline they would disapear cuz it was out of view and blocked by the first skybox...
I cant seem to have 2 sky boxes inside VaM...
In the image is the texture I used on the sphere.. You can see what I actually set to transparent.. Im wondering why the whole thing is transparent tho..
ystillsethruu.png

I tried a large sphere inside too, I cant figure out how to set the transparent section of the image i used on the sphere..

Distractedly glancing at this for 5 seconds during breakfast (*), it looks to me the texture alpha for your inner sky sphere doesn't work. It's just the alpha slider, which applies to everything. I think you want to try importing your skies as CUA. So create your spheres in Unity and export as AssetBundle. Check the SkyMagic tutorial...you would want to use SkyMagic anyway.

(*) just trying to say I might be wrong :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
I did make this in Unity.. But I will check out the Sky Magic tutorial

Correction... I added the sphere to the scene and placed the image texture on it after having a similar problem with the one I made in unity..
I wasn't able to change the size of the sky box that had the star pattern on it. I'm not sure if that is just built in to the way haz made them cuz when I added one of the older VaM Unity Skyboxes, I was able to change the sizes around.. but then I noticed that the alpha on mine from unity didnt seem to let me see behind it. then I tried the sphere.. which didnt work either.
I'm going to look at the sky magic now
:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom