2 Part Question about Animation Patterns

Twelvepak

Reactions
Patreon
Twelvepak
I have a two part question about using the built in animation patterns: 1. Is there a way to straighten the curve between two points in a pattern, so it's a straight line instead of a curve? and 2. Is there a way to use a button to trigger an animation pattern to move in reverse back to starting position?

Or, as an alternative to question 2, how do you pass off an animation pattern, to a 2nd animation pattern upon a UI button push?

For the first part: I don't think that is possible except when only having two animation steps. Even then its not a linear movement due to the use of Bezier curves internally. You will need to use some plugin, Timeline might be able to do it.

For the second part, you can set the speed to -1.

For the second part of the second part (this should have been 3 ;) ) you can enable/disable the animation patterns. Although the position will visibly snap when not exactly the same.

For the first part: I don't think that is possible except when only having two animation steps. Even then its not a linear movement due to the use of Bezier curves internally. You will need to use some plugin, Timeline might be able to do it.

For the second part, you can set the speed to -1.

For the second part of the second part (this should have been 3 ;) ) you can enable/disable the animation patterns. Although the position will visibly snap when not exactly the same.

Thanks for the Response. If I go the -1 route, how do I make the pattern stop at some midpoint, then resume at -1?

Check out the Handjob demo (Example 19) in the current LogicBricks package. It's stopping the hand at the top using an "AnimationTrigger" at time index 0.95 calling the Pose StateMachine which again switches to the "Stop" state in the other StateMachine. The "Stop" state is pausing the AnimationPattern and blending TimeIndex slowly to exactly 1.0 using a "Timer" trigger.

Depending on what you are doing it might be a better approach to use a StateMachine brick that directly controls your AnimationPattern currentTime using its OnValue trigger. Check Example 15 for that one.

Back
Top Bottom