• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Fixed (1.20.77.4) Classic "Select Scene To Load" browser now shows every scene entry twice, one with .jpg extension and one with .json extension

MiniMax

Reactions
Of course selecting the .jpg entry only causes load errors and overwriting existing scene causes extension chain buildup.

I made a note of it. Not currently planning another 1.X patch, but I will do one if there is a critical bug or enough overall bugs to justify it.

This is a long standing problem that I've wanted to report before, but I don't know how to reproduce it consistently. However, I'm not seeing a difference in behaviour compared to earlier versions. The file dialogs will filter correctly for a while, but they will eventually start showing files other than .json. I've seen it both for the save and load dialogs. Restarting VAM fixes it.

This isn't a new problem, but it is a rather annoying one.

I have never seen this before, so thought it was a new problem. But I can confirm that after restarting VaM only the .json files are shown now.

I am unable to repeat this. My suspicion is a plugin is using the scene browser for its own purpose and changing the filter of what is shown.

I'm 99% certain a plugin is trying to use the regular scene browser for browsing and messing up the filter so it shows images as well as json files. I have gone ahead and added a fix that forces the scene browser to have the correct filter when it is opened for save or load scene so this issue should go away in next release.

For the record, I can reproduce this by just saving a preset with AcidBubbles' ColliderEditor. Grepping all the .cs files I have for `fileBrowserUI` shows a lot of them fiddling with the file browser.

I had intended for plugins to use GetMediaPathDialog which specifically takes a filter of files types the plugin would want to choose from. But no problem, the fix I put it should resolve the issue for any plugins using the regular scene file browser and mucking with it.

@meshedvr Is it possible to get `GetMediaPathDialog()` to show shortcuts to .var files for the given filters? I couldn't find a way, and trying to build the shortcuts manually would need something like `FileManager.GetPackages()`, which is restricted.

GetMediaPathDialog takes a list of shortcuts that are returned by the above.

The dir you want to pass the the get shortcuts function would be something like "Custom/Scripts", and then it will come up with all the vars that have "Custom/Scripts" content.

Yep, that works, thanks. And... API documentation? I wasn't aware that existed.

I started the API documentation when I added the secure file stuff. It was mentioned on Trello but not heavily advertised since it is very limited in scope. Going forward there will be a lot more documentation. 2.X will have an official API.

Back
Top Bottom